Moonstone 800 Liberty Ridge

Pros: This is a warm bag. I have used it even it the…

Pros:

This is a warm bag. I have used it even it the winter time. One cold winter with the wind blowing I cuddled up in it and sat in a lawn chair all night. The next morning I had frost on the bag but I was warm inside. (sleeping pad, fleece blanket used) I have slept in it on hoar frosted ground with a sleeping pad and stayed comfortable in it. I had a coat on.

Cons:

This is a very noisy bag because of having nylon in the head area. When my ears slide on the nylon it makes plenty of noise. It would be nice to have a flannel head section on the inside. Another thing that bothers me is the zipper. It seems to always be snagging on the nylon when using it. Lastly because down compresses when it is laid on, a pad is necessary for proper insulation underneath. I once used this bag on a summer night that never got below the fifties. I did not use a pad and I was a little chilled all night. the cold came up through the ground.

Finally:

I would not trade this bag in for anything.

Good cold weather bag. It has worked well for me down…

Design: mummy
Fill: 800 fill down
Temperature Rating: 0 or -5 Farenheight depending on who you ask
Weight: not much

Good cold weather bag. It has worked well for me down to about zero degrees. Also kept me warm at Camp Muir this May. Sadly I have not been up the other side of Mt. Rainier for which the bag gets its name.

Anyways I am 5'9" and weigh 175 and the bag has plenty of room for me. It cinches down well in multiple places and thanks to the exterior fabric it stays dry. I like the watch pocket too.

People always bitch about how down gets wet and stays wet, but I live in the Northwest and have yet to get a sleeping bag wet. And because down compacts better and is lighter I like it more than synthetic fills.

I give this bag 4/5 because it is not exceptional, but it does its job well.

CLOSEOUTS . Moonstone's Delta Liberty Ridge sleeping bag, voted Best Buy from Backpacker Magazine, is designed for serious alpine conditions. From Moonstone's Altitude Series, it's comfort rated to 0 F and features 800+ fill power premium goose down with trapezoid baffles to prevent shifting or cold spots. Drawcord draft collar, hood and ripskirt seals body heat in and keeps cold air out. Ripstop Pertex Endurance 2.0 shell is water and wind resistant, yet lets moisture out. Mesh watch pocket in hood keeps battery from freezing and alarm audible Stuff sack and storage bag included Mummy style Zipper: Right Rated to: 0 F Fits to: 5'11 Girth (torso/foot): 61 /40 Stuff size: 15- x9- Weight: 4 lb. Fabric: Nylon with nylon lining Insulation: Goose down Fill power: 800+ Fill weight: 1 lb. 15 oz. CLOSEOUTS . China.

- Sierra Trading Post

For warm sleepers, the 800 Liberty Ridge is an expedition bag for high and cold mountains almost anywhere in the world. For cold sleepers it is the high-loft bag of choice for winter outings for all but the most severe environments. Named after one of the 50 classic climbs of North America, on the north face of Mt. Rainier, the Liberty Ridge has become a bit of a classic itself. Fabric: 30D Pertex Endurance 2.0 with DWR Finish Lining: 30D Pertex Microlight 1.27 with Anti Static and Wicking Finish Weight: 3lbs. 6oz./ 1531g. (Reg) - 3 lbs. 12oz./ 1701g. (Lg) Reg: right zipper - Lg: left zipper Temp Rating: -5 degrees F; -21 degrees C Insulation: 800+ Fill Power Premium Goose DownKey Features: Trapezoid Baffles Draft Collar Contoured Hood Ripskirt Watch Pocket Anatomic Footbox Ground Level Side Seams Variable Fill Levels Storage Sack

Moonstone 800 Liberty Ridge

The 800 Liberty Ridge has been discontinued.

The Moonstone 800 Liberty Ridge is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 4, 2006 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new cold weather down sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.