Moonstone Advantage Jacket

This is a great jacket for the price I paid. The construction…

Fabric: 2-ply Gore-Tex
Price Paid: $400 Retail (I paid $150)

This is a great jacket for the price I paid. The construction is very sturdy, and the stitching is quite articulate (as compared to some jackets where the stitching is crooked, etc.). The five pockets allow ample storage for food, skins, gloves, etc. The hood is very comfortable and easily adjusts to fit snug around my head. When the hood is folded away, the collar can be a little bulky, but unlike many brands (i.e. The North Face) the hood is secured with four snaps, instead of velcro.

The only complaint I have with this jacket is that the main zipper sucks. It easily snags on the chin guard, and gets jammed at the bottom. Perhaps this is just a defect with my coat? In any case, I love this jacket. If you can still find them around, they're usually on sale, and offer a lot of bang for the buck! So, start looking!!!!

I bought this 3 Layer GoreTex-Jacket in 1993 or so…

Price Paid: 650 Deutschmark

I bought this 3 Layer GoreTex-Jacket in 1993 or so and we had some very tough trips together. I was wearing this jacket excessively on a considerable number of trekking and climbing tours in winter and summer and almost every day in between the trips. Meanwhile it has some rents, the wristbands are open but it still is water-proof.

Unfortunately last year the zipper has gone. So I have to find a replacement but it is really hard to find anything that is approximately equivalent.

If you've owned or used a Moonstone Advantage Jacket, please share your experience.

Moonstone Advantage Jacket

The Advantage Jacket has been discontinued.

The Moonstone Advantage Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new hard shell jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.