Moonstone Delta Cirrus

My favorite bag. Not too hot for spring/fall use in…

Design: Lightweight mummy
Fill: Polarguard Delta
Temperature Rating: +32F
Weight: 1 lb 12 oz reg, 1 lb 14 oz long
Price Paid: $128 long at Backcountrygear.com

My favorite bag. Not too hot for spring/fall use in 50s F and keeps me perfectly comfortable down to the upper 20s F (warm sleeper). Amazingly light. I like having the full length zipper, makes adapting to climate change easier not to mention in and out. Zipper doesn't snag. Comfortable lining. Packs small. No nits at all. Wonderful bag.

As a warm weather bag, the Moonstone is hard to beat.

Design: mummy
Fill: synthetic
Temperature Rating: 30F
Weight: 2 lbs

As a warm weather bag, the Moonstone is hard to beat. On warm nights it's not too hot and it keeps you toasty in temps above freezing. It's also light and packs down very small without a fight. I've taken it all over Australia (Tasmania, Caines rainforest, outback deserts) and it's been great in all of the conditions I've faced. On nasty rainy nights, it's kept me warm when wet and dried very quickly the next day.

I'm not sure why more companies don't make bags like this. Marmot has a very similar bag in the Pounder Plus, but you pay a bit more. Other than that, the Moonstone stands alone.

Moonstone Delta Cirrus

The Delta Cirrus has been discontinued.

The Moonstone Delta Cirrus is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 13, 2006 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new 3-season synthetic sleeping bag, check out the best reviewed current models.