Morakniv Bushcraft Black

Blade Thickness 0.125 in / 0.32 cm
Blade Length 4.3 in / 10.9 cm
Total Length 9.1 in / 23.2 cm
Net Weight 5.7 oz / 163 g

This is an excellent knife. I have used mine for so…

This is an excellent knife. I have used mine for so many tasks such as skinning, making bark baskets, carving tent stakes, etc. It's a tough and versatile blade which holds a very nice edge.

I recommend this knife for anyone who wants a good all purpose knife.

• Easy to sharpen and holds a very good edge
  • Tough yet lightweight with a comfortable grip
  • Long lasting protective black coating

This knife does have a hidden tang. If you beat it up in a manner that you might a knife with a full tang, you may be disappointed.

Other than that, this is a very durable and reliable knife if used properly. I have had mine a year and am still happy with it. The handle is very comfortable and has a non slip grip.

The special black coating on the carbon steel blade keeps the blade rust free with almost no maintenance. If you don't clean the blade after wet use, you can sometimes see a little rust form down where the tang disappears into the handle. A little wipe with oil fixes that.

The model I have is the one with the added sheath features. These features are the built in diamond sharpener and the detachable fire steel. The fire steel is by Light My Fire, their Scout model, and so is of good quality. It is worth getting it with the extra features on the sheath if you want a "grab and go" knife to throw in your pack.

The black colored knife in the foreground is my Morakniv Bushcraft Black. It was used in 2/3's of the work shown in the pic.

Welcome to Trailspace, Steven! Thanks for sharing your Morakniv review with us. I'd love to see some pictures of your knife, if you're willing to add them to your helpful review.

Steven R. Carty

Alicia, I edited my review to include a pic, thanks.

Cool picture, Steven! Thanks for sharing it.

Very solid knife for use anywhere. I really like this…

Price Paid: $39.98 (

Very solid knife for use anywhere.

• Thick blade
  • Carbon steel
  • Comfortable rubber handle

• Sheath seems like it would wear out over time and not securely hold the knife

I really like this knife. It's solid and will hold up well to years of abuse.

What I like:

• Carbon steele blade comes with a corrosion resistant coating
  • back of the blade is edged so you can use it with a fire starter
  • blade is thick
  • comfortable rubberized grip that feels good in your hand

What I don't like:

• Sheath

I've had a ton of knives. I finally got one that doesn't fold and I'm glad I did. This knife can be beaten with not much more than a scratch. It's not compact but has many backcountry applications that I can't use my Gerber for.

It will have to be taken care of because the blade is carbon steel. I've owned mine for about 3 months now and I haven't had any issues with corrosion yet.

I'm a big fan of Mora knives. They hold a good edge and are inexpensive enough to have several of them around for easy reach. Between myself and my girls, I think we have five or six Moras.

Ryan Bastien

I agree, they have a variety of styles to suite your needs and they are relatively inexpensive, you can definitely shop them pretty cheap.

Really a great knife. It's my EDC. Never let me down.

Really a great knife. It's my EDC.

• Batoning isn't an issue
  • Stays sharp/comes with a kit
  • Easy access

• Not heavy enough

Never let me down. My wife carries one. My dog killed a deer and I skinned it with it. Still like a RAZOR.

I love the diamond sharpener.