Mount Hagen Organic Fairtrade Instant Coffee

Excellent taste and portability; the BEST tasting…

Summary

Excellent taste and portability; the BEST tasting Instant Coffee!

Pros

• Great full bodied taste
  • Dissolves easily in hot or cold water
  • Easy to adjust amount based on preference
  • It's organic and fair traded
  • Imported from Germany with strict standards
  • Comes in easy to reseal glass container
  • Good price for organic coffee
  • 60 servings per container

Cons

• None noted

Mount Hagen Organic Instant freeze dried coffee is a wonderful backpacking answer to having our java in the morning... or anytime! I've been using it for about three years and believe it's the best tasting organic instant.

You could pack the whole container at 11 oz; but reserve that for car camping. It comes in a glass resealable container, but I split my designated morning brew into each morning's breakfast in a plastic sandwich bag with dry powdered soy milk. That and my oatmeal and I'm ready to hit the trail.

Full flavor from Arabica beans. This can be pricey if you buy from Whole Foods or other similar stores. I buy 2 or 3 at a time from Vitacost when on sale. Better then Starbucks Via or Folgers!

Thanks for the review. Coffee should be part of the "10 Essentials" of camping. Probably in place of a headlamp or shelter. ;)

Dr. Bryan Ryles

Thanks, Goose, I fully agree! Who needs light, or a shelter when you've got a good cup of Joe!

Thanks for the review recommendation, Bryan!

1 month ago

Traveling from place to place, only one thing remains…

Summary

Traveling from place to place, only one thing remains constant—my Mount Hagen sticks. I bring these suckers everywhere with me! i have a couple in my purse just in case. I also bring them to work and have a nice cold (I know I know) cup of coffee in the morning.

It's refreshing, organic, and easy to make. They are small, lightweight, and not as expensive as other brands of single packets. I highly recommend these for traveling. This product is also available in a jar.