Mountain Hardwear Bebop 20

This is one of the BEST packs I own. I have had my…

This is one of the BEST packs I own. I have had my pack for years and used it for class, work, and play. From day hikes to overnight light hauls — this pack has been up 14ers and through some deep canyons at Arches NP.

Over and over again I have been impressed by this pack — especially how long it has lasted (considering how much I have put it through). Rain, snow, wind, sandstone walks of terror...you name it, this pack has seen it.

Some of my favorite features:

The front zip pocket is awesome! I stow my beanie, headlamp, gloves and journal for quick grab.

The top zip pocket — seam sealed zipper (epic!) for my cell phone (of course in a water tight case, you can never really trust anything considered "waterproof") and a Luna bar or some other snacky treat.

Side compression straps — when I don't have water bottles in the side pockets, these are PERFECT for an extra layer, or even sandals. I just strap them in and I'm ready to rock.

I can't say enough good things about this pack. It got me through my last year of undergrad, through grad school, traveled the country, back and front/wet and dry, and I still take on trips.

I'm a true believer in all Mt. Hardwear!!! Backcountry…

Size: small
Number of Pockets: 1200
Max. Load Carried: 1200 & more
Height of Owner: 5'1"

I'm a true believer in all Mt. Hardwear!!! Backcountry skiing, mt. runner, mt. biker, kitesurfer & just out for a trek. This back can do it all, comfort, light, easy to get into and find what you need.

For long exposed touring I use a little more beef. But farming the back this is the goods!! Light easy comfort and durable!!

Fantastic daypack! I replaced my old North Face Hot…

Design: top/front load internal
Size: 1200 in3
Number of Pockets: 2
Height of Owner: 5'-11"

Fantastic daypack! I replaced my old North Face Hot Shot my dog mangled up with the Bebop. It is lightweight and holds just the right amount of stuff. I like to think the "Axe-S quick release ice axe toggle" is really featured on the pack to be a bottle opener!

If you've owned or used a Mountain Hardwear Bebop 20, please share your experience.

Designed for the multi-sport user, the Bebop and Riff will accommodate a range of contents and uses, like fast hiking, mountain biking, travel, and other pack activities where light weight is a priority. The Bebop is made of lightweight 100 D siliconized Cordura with a heavier 210 D Cordura front pocket and bottom. It features a narrow compression-molded back panel, narrow padded shoulder straps, and removable webbing waist belt. The main compartment is accessed with an across-the-top zipper and includes an internal hydration pocket. The Bebop also includes a large front pocket, small top pocket, and two mesh side pockets.

Mountain Hardwear Bebop 20

The Bebop 20 has been discontinued.

The Mountain Hardwear Bebop 20 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new daypack (under 2,000 cu in), check out the best reviewed current models.

Hydration hydration-compatible