Mountain Khakis Granite Creek Convertible Pant

Most comfortable convertibles I have ever purchased!

Summary

Most comfortable convertibles I have ever purchased!

Pros

• Durable but not too heavy 6.3oz
  • UPH 50+
  • Scotchgard treated
  • Triple stitched seams
  • Very roomy, but not baggy

Cons

• Made in China

I was looking for a new pair of convertable pants for my upcoming trip to Maine. While in Wyoming I made a stop at Sierra Trading Post and picked up these MK for around $55. I'd heard good things about their products and knew they were from Jackson, WY. So I picked a pair up.

First thing I noticed is that they felt very durable to the touch, but not excessively heavy. Some of these nylon pants feel like they are made from pantyhose material and get snags or tears when walking though over grown trails. They fit well, maybe slightly long in the leg, but they will probably shrink a bit.

I've worn them on a few day hikes now and I have to say they are very comfortable. They give you plenty of movement in the thighs and groin area when stepping up on a rock or for that matter stepping down, but don't have that baggy annoying feel you get with pants that are just too big. They look great and you can easily come off a trail, swap your shirt and shoes and go sit down for dinner at a restaurant.

The only thing that I have found out that I dislike is that they are made in China! While most things are, one of the reasons that I bought them is that I thought I was getting an American made product. I will still buy another pair once I get some more time in them and determine if I still like them in the long run.

I will do a follow up after my week long trip to Maine in July 13.

P1100492.jpg

P1100629.jpg

*Update post trip*

Pants were worn 4 days straight, zipped legs on and off numerous times for stream crossings and after the black flies feasted on my lower legs! Lol Pants held up excellent, no zipper snags, failures, or unravelling seams. I will definitely purchase another pair of these when I get the chance.

The critically-acclaimed quick-dry, UV 50+ Granite Creek Convertible pants for Men have been the subject of countless trail-side conversations. From the Pacific Crest to the Appalachian, outdoor enthusiasts have bestowed highest marks for our lightweight, packable GCC's. The proprietary 6.3oz brushed nylon is treated with Scotchgard(R) for long-lasting stain and water-repellence. Removable pant legs have color-coded right/left zippers. And with 10" cuff zips, you can keep your size 12's on when converting to shorts. Flat front and rear zip pocket. Cargo pocket with hidden security compartment on left thigh. Fixed waistband, no elastic. Diamond-shaped action gusset. Triple-stitched seams. "Mud flap" reinforced heel cuffs. 5 hand pockets including signature zippered side seam pocket. Imported. Relaxed fit with mid-rise.

- Rocky Mountain Trail

On Sale. Free Shipping. Mountain Khakis Men's Granite Creek Convertible Pant FEATURES of the Mountain Khakis Men's Granite Creek Convertible Pant Scotchgard Treatment, UVA-UVB 50+ Color-Coded Removable Leg Zips 9in. Shorts Inseam 10in. Cuff Zips for Easy Leg Panel Removal 6 Pockets with Mesh Pocket Bags, 3 Zip Security Pockets Cargo Pocket Quick-dry, Lightweight and Packable Inseam Action Gusset, Reinforced Heel Cuffs SPECIFICATIONS of the Mountain Khakis Men's Granite Creek Convertible Pant 6.3 oz 100% Brushed Nylon Triple-Stitched Seams, Mid-Rise, Relaxed Fit Inseam: 30in., 32in., 34in.

CLOSEOUTS . The ultimate in outdoor wandering with quick-drying nylon, UPF 50+ sun proection and Scotchgardand#174; stain repellency, Mountain Khakis' Granite Creek convertible pants zip off at the knees for instant cooling and adaptability. Available Colors: EARTH.

- Sierra Trading Post