Mountainsmith Strapettes

These are a must if you own a Mountainsmith!!! I recently…

These are a must if you own a Mountainsmith!!! I recently purchased them after spending months of uncomfortable tweaking and adjusting my Mountainsmith as a messenger bag. I was never happy! I even wrote an angry review.

Now however, with the Strapettes attached to my bag I love the thing! It is like a whole new bag! and I feel bad that I keep using it over my other bags even. The way they situate your load is amazing and they feel great.  It is my new favorite bag.

If you're going to own a Mountainsmith, definitely spend the extra bling and get the Strapettes. It is more than worth it.

I got this for my Mountainsmith Tour bag. I carry…

Design: Shoulder straps
Size: If your taller than 6 feet it may not fit.
Number of Pockets: n/a
Max. Load Carried: unknown, one review said 110 pounds?
Height of Owner: 5' 10"

I got this for my Mountainsmith Tour bag. I carry 64 oz of water with my other gear my pack weight is around 15 to 17 pounds.

The first thing I can tell you is the instructions are no good. The backstraps connect to your shoulder strap location but I had problems with the front. I found this link on the internet which help a lot. http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Packs/Pack%20Accessories/Mountainsmith%20Strapette/Owner%20Review%20by%20Kathleen%20Waters/ this should solve problems with the front of the straps.

They really help with the extra weight, the onlydown side is that you can't spin your pack around as easy as before, not a very big loss. I didn't come across size information but I feel if your over 6 feet tall they may not work, the chest strap may be too close to your neck.

When on the trail the only problem I found was I had them too tight. I adjusted them one time and going up and down the hills was not a problem.

I feel they should have come with the pack, but I'm glad I bought it.

Visit Mountainsmith's Strapettes page.

Mountainsmith Strapettes are handy shoulder harnesses that allow you to convert both classic and performance lumbar packs as well as travel trunks into day packs. Strapettes will prove to be a great addition when aiding in carrying those hefty loads.

- CampSaver.com

Give a lift to your fully-loaded lumbar pack. Attach the over-the-shoulder Mountainsmith Strapettes to carry your waist pack like a backpack.

Convert your Mountainsmith Day, Tour, and Tour FX lumbar packs into a shoulder carry daypack with these Strapettes. They also work with L-XXL Travel Trunks.

On Sale. Mountainsmith Strapettes FEATURES of the Mountainsmith Strapettes Detachable and adjustable shoulder strap system (shown with Travel Trunk) Keep heavier loads in your lumbar pack secure against your back for ergonomic carry Strapettes are compatible with the Day, Tour, Tour FX and Travel Trunks Bar tack reinforcements Stainless steel tri-bar for lower attachment Side release buckle for upper attachment SPECIFICATIONS of the Mountainsmith Strapettes Weight: 6 oz / .17 kg Dimension: (L x H x D): 0.5 x 17.25 x 2.25in. 420d Nylon Mini RipStop Nylon Webbing