MSR SuperFly with AutoStart

I own the Superfly with the autostart. I really wouldn't…

I own the Superfly with the autostart. I really wouldn't give a product a 5 unless I completely backed it, and in this case I really do. This stove does all I need for lightweight 3 season backpacking. No, it's not a beer can stove but it's darn light.

I chose this over the Pocketrocket because of its wide burn radius and over the Jetboil because of its weight and flexibility in cooking. I wanted to do more than just boil water and cook dehydrated meals, and it had worked great for heating veggies and meat; heck I've even made pancakes on this baby.

It has been really reliable, though usually you need to do the first light with a match/lighter, and subsequently the autostart can be utilized. It feels pretty stable too.

I purchased this stove for my son to be used for one…

I purchased this stove for my son to be used for one hand operation. He attaches the fuel cartridge with ease due to the multi-mount. This was our main concern. The stove lights quickly with the auto start and burns hot, 15,000 BTU's. Large burner head is great for simmering and better heat distribution. Lightweight with big stove features. The MSR SuperFly rocks!