Nathan Elite 2V

I run hilly, rocky, single-track trails in northern…

Design: Hip-belt bottle carrier
Size: 44 ounce water carrying capacity
Number of Pockets: 2
Max. Load Carried: NA
Height of Owner: 6-2

I run hilly, rocky, single-track trails in northern Kentucky. I'm a fairly experienced trail runner and have competed at distances up to 50 miles. I've been using the Nathan Elite 2V for over a year now, and am fairly pleased with it. It holds two 22-oz bottles at an angle just above my rear end where they don't interfere with arms swing.

The belt also features two removable zippered pouches for gels, snacks, etc. The pouches are big enough to accommodate my hand-held GPS with the antenna sticking out if I'm mapping a new area.

My only gripe is that the shock cord at the rear of the belt--intended to secure a jacket when not needed--doesn't do the greatest job. I've had to readjust my jacket several times during a run when using that feature.

Nathan designed the Elite 2V Pack with the elite trail runner in mind, so it won't flop around uncomfortably on your waist. The two holsters on this ultra light lumbar pack hold your water bottles at an angle so you can reach back and grab your H2O while on the go. Two removable front zippered pockets let you stow ID, energy gel, anti-chafing cream, and other small essentials. A shock cord between the water bottles tightens to hold a jacket or gloves. *Fits waists 26 to 42 inches.

- Backcountry Outlet

The Nathan Elite 2V waistpack carries enough to get you through long stretches between aid stations. Dual XTS bottle cradles flex as your body moves, providing comfort, secure storage and easy access. Two 22-oz., BPA-free hydration bottles supply ample capacity for your water or sports drink. Twin zippered front pockets are removable for minimalist outings. Shockcorded tiedowns on front of pack hold a jacket or other clothing item. Moisture-wicking air-mesh lumbar backing helps keep you cool and dry. Adjustable waistband fits waists measuring 26 to 42 in. Special buy.

Nathan Elite 2V

The Elite 2V has been discontinued.

The Nathan Elite 2V is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 30, 2010 at Backcountry.com.

If you're looking for a new hydration pack, check out the best reviewed current models.