Nathan Elite 2V

I run hilly, rocky, single-track trails in northern…

Design: Hip-belt bottle carrier
Size: 44 ounce water carrying capacity
Number of Pockets: 2
Max. Load Carried: NA
Height of Owner: 6-2

I run hilly, rocky, single-track trails in northern Kentucky. I'm a fairly experienced trail runner and have competed at distances up to 50 miles. I've been using the Nathan Elite 2V for over a year now, and am fairly pleased with it. It holds two 22-oz bottles at an angle just above my rear end where they don't interfere with arms swing.

The belt also features two removable zippered pouches for gels, snacks, etc. The pouches are big enough to accommodate my hand-held GPS with the antenna sticking out if I'm mapping a new area.

My only gripe is that the shock cord at the rear of the belt--intended to secure a jacket when not needed--doesn't do the greatest job. I've had to readjust my jacket several times during a run when using that feature.

If you've owned or used a Nathan Elite 2V, please share your experience.

Nathan Elite 2V

The Elite 2V has been discontinued.

The Nathan Elite 2V is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 30, 2010 at Backcountry.com.

If you're looking for a new hydration pack, check out the best reviewed current models.