Nathan Stainless Steel 700 ML Bottle Silicon Sleeve

I liked the bottle when I first got it. After about…

I liked the bottle when I first got it. After about a month of use it started to 'spit' water from the straw, much like a fountain. It leaks around the base of the straw when it is closed, fountains out like a geyser when the straw is flipped open. There are times when the bottle has sat with the straw open for some time and all of a sudden water geyers out the top. It has spit all over my desk, on the keypad of my laptop, all over the inside of my car. Spills water down my clothes, basically no way to transport it without mess.

I believe that the problem comes from the small plastic insert that is supposed to flex and allow a small amount of air in when you are drinking to prevent noise and vacuum. When you are not drinking out of the bottle that vacuum is created and the pressure spits the water right out the top.

It is a decent design, but a water bottle that leaks water is useless to me.

If you've owned or used a Nathan Stainless Steel 700 ML Bottle Silicon Sleeve, please share your experience.

Nathan Stainless Steel 700 ML Bottle Silicon Sleeve

The Nathan Stainless Steel 700 ML Bottle Silicon Sleeve is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 7, 2013 at Second Ascent.

If you're looking for a new water bottle, check out the best reviewed current models.