Nathan water bottle carrier

This product, which says "Nathan" on it, is a belted…

Price Paid: it was a gift

This product, which says "Nathan" on it, is a belted blue holder for bottled water (to be worn around the waist) given to me as a gift about 5 years ago.

It had not been used since last season. We keep it indoors in a closet, with all of our camping gear.

When I got it out to take camping this weekend, I found the webbing -- that attaches the water bottle holder to the belt -- was in the process of turning into black slime. My fingers were covered with a slippery black goo from touching the webbing. I only hope it isn't a skin-absorbed toxin. Do you know if it is or not?

I have no idea what this item cost 5 years ago, but I am extremely upset with the quality of this product. My daughter usually bought us camping gifts from REI, and I plan to tell them of this of this fiasco as well.

Janice Fink