Nathan water bottle carrier

This product, which says "Nathan" on it, is a belted…

Price Paid: it was a gift

This product, which says "Nathan" on it, is a belted blue holder for bottled water (to be worn around the waist) given to me as a gift about 5 years ago.

It had not been used since last season. We keep it indoors in a closet, with all of our camping gear.

When I got it out to take camping this weekend, I found the webbing -- that attaches the water bottle holder to the belt -- was in the process of turning into black slime. My fingers were covered with a slippery black goo from touching the webbing. I only hope it isn't a skin-absorbed toxin. Do you know if it is or not?

I have no idea what this item cost 5 years ago, but I am extremely upset with the quality of this product. My daughter usually bought us camping gifts from REI, and I plan to tell them of this of this fiasco as well.

Janice Fink

If you've owned or used a Nathan water bottle carrier, please share your experience.

Nathan water bottle carrier

The water bottle carrier has been discontinued.

No price on record.

The Nathan water bottle carrier is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new lumbar/hip pack, check out the best reviewed current models.