Necky Rip

I do not claim to be a seasoned kayaker, but…

I do not claim to be a seasoned kayaker, but I have spent a lot of time on the water in the two years that I have been kayaking. I have used kayaks by wilderness systems, old town, necky, and perception. The kayaks that I have used have ranged in lengths from 9 to 16 feet.

My favorite kayak so far is the Necky RIP. It is very stable, roomy, and comfortable. I have found it to track very well and the speed is very good for its class. I am 6'2" 215, so it may not be for everyone, but my 11 year son loves it as well. In fact every one that has tried mine agrees with me that for the money you can't go wrong.

I have paddled lakes, rivers, and even small fast flowing streams with it, and I have never felt "under kayaked". I even fly fish out of it frequently. In fact my 5 year old daughter spends alot of time fishing with me which says a lot about room and stability.

I have taken it down some mountain creeks while fly fishing, and I can say without a doubt that it is durable, because some of these creeks are fast and rocky.

If you need a do all (short of big white water) kayak that doesn't leave you to broke to haul it to the water, then look no further. I wouldn't hesitate to by another.

Equipped with a skeg, bulkheads and everything you need to grow your paddling skills, the Necky Rip 12 is a lively, playful kayak designed to boost confidence and skill in new paddlers.

Necky designed the Rip 10 Kayak to instill confidence in new 'yakkers while keeping veteran paddlers happy. Sharply keeled on the bottom and now with a drop-down skeg, the Rip 10 tracks when the wind picks up and darts in and out of inlets if you're by the shore. Perhaps best of all, giving the Rip 10 a home won't break the bank, which leaves you with a few extra sheckles to buy a paddle and PFD. The polyethylene hull is designed to withstand the beatings from beginner paddlers. Novice to seasoned 'yakkers alike will relish the roomy cockpit, making entries and exits almost graceful. Foam thigh pads are designed to accommodate bracing above or below the cockpit rim. Between the Comfort Flex seat and Support Track foot brace system, you'll be able to adjust the fit to perfectly match your shape and size. Once you get a few paddles under your belt, plan a picnic at the island in the middle of the lake. The stern hatch, watertight due to the combination of the gasketed Quick Seal rubber cover and cross-lock straps with a single, large buckle, is the perfect place to stash a dry bag with a blanket and delicious nibbles. Drag your boat on the bank, safely store your paddle in the bow bungee rigging, and enjoy the serenity of a quiet lunch.

The Rip from Necky is the perfect boat to grow your paddling skills with. Fun and lively this boat will make sure your experience on the water is just that. High-volume bow provides a drier ride and plenty of room for tall paddlers. Extended keel for smooth tracking and easy maneuverability to get you where you want to go. Quick-seal hatch to store and keep necessities dry on day trips; stern bulkhead. Foam thigh pads allow for greater comfort while paddling. Ergonomic high seatback helps prevent fatigue. Bow and stern deck bungees for stowing gear topside. Adjustable foot pedals for an optimal fit and control plus you can let others borrow your boat. Drink holder in front of seat for easy access so you can stay hydrated. Roomy cockpit for easy entry and exit. Stern bulkhead offers plenty of room to stash extras. Seals spray skirts and cockpit covers that are size 1.4 will fit this cockpit. Seals spray skirts and cockpit covers that are size 1.4 will fit this cockpit.

- EMS