Necky Rip

I do not claim to be a seasoned kayaker, but…

I do not claim to be a seasoned kayaker, but I have spent a lot of time on the water in the two years that I have been kayaking. I have used kayaks by wilderness systems, old town, necky, and perception. The kayaks that I have used have ranged in lengths from 9 to 16 feet.

My favorite kayak so far is the Necky RIP. It is very stable, roomy, and comfortable. I have found it to track very well and the speed is very good for its class. I am 6'2" 215, so it may not be for everyone, but my 11 year son loves it as well. In fact every one that has tried mine agrees with me that for the money you can't go wrong.

I have paddled lakes, rivers, and even small fast flowing streams with it, and I have never felt "under kayaked". I even fly fish out of it frequently. In fact my 5 year old daughter spends alot of time fishing with me which says a lot about room and stability.

I have taken it down some mountain creeks while fly fishing, and I can say without a doubt that it is durable, because some of these creeks are fast and rocky.

If you need a do all (short of big white water) kayak that doesn't leave you to broke to haul it to the water, then look no further. I wouldn't hesitate to by another.

If you've owned or used a Necky Rip, please share your experience.