Weight 1 lb 4 oz / 570g
Width 20 in / 51 cm
Length 72 in 183 cm
Thickness 2.5 in / 6 cm

I don't know if I should brag or cry...this is my…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

I don't know if I should brag or cry...this is my first real air pad. I've used cheaper ones like from Walmart and yoga pads. The older I get the thicker my pads keep getting. This was a Christmas gift. I was unsure of it but after a week camping, I love it. It's light and comfy. And a nice price after looking around.

Pros

• Light
  • Stuff sack, repair kit, and a compression strap come with it
  • Insulated
  • Doesn't take up a lot of pack room
  • Doesn't take long to blow it up

Cons

• Moves around in my hammock

I've use cheap pads all my life. But this pad blew my mind. Uses very little pack room. And for the first time my back side was never cold, not one bit!!! A big plus for me.

I used it over a 3-day 4-night trip. The only problem I had was it moved around too much in my hammock. But nonetheless I'll use it every trip.

Hey, oogway. The trick with air mattresses in hammocks is to leave them partially deflated. That will keep it from moving as much.

Thanks for the review, oogway, and for the tip, Goose. I hope you'll keep us posted on how this pad continues to work out for you. What temps did you use it in?

oogway

It was high 30's low 40's Alicia. And thanks for the top Goose.

Thanks, oogway.

FlipNC

I use the Insulated version of this and love it. Just caved to comfort even more and took a foam and air pillow...pure heaven of a nights rest! Enjoy your Nemo!

This pad is lightweight and fits in your pack very…

Price Paid: under $80

Summary

This pad is lightweight and fits in your pack very well for backpacking trips. It is very comfortable, durable, and inflates very quickly. The company has excellent customer service. I contacted them to order a new air valve and they sent it to me for free.

Pros

• Very comfortable
  • Affordable

Cons

• A little heavier than the similar Thermarest mattress

I have owned my Nemo Astro Air pad for four years. It has been used extensively on multi night trips into the backcountry. It has proven to be very durable.

I see some reviews on other sites that complain about the built-in pillow. I really love the pillow feature on the pad.

It inflates rapidly and Nemo also sells an inflatable pump that is very lightweight. It also deflates easily and rapidly for packing back into your pack after use.