This is my second experience with this tent in just…

Summary

This is my second experience with this tent in just over a year, and twice I've decided to return it, this time for good. The seam of the tie down straps on the side of the rain fly split from the tent upon staking it down, leaving the tent sides exposed to rain and with no sufficient tie down.

Overall great and spacious tent. I want to continue buying it, but this is the second time the fly seam has split and I will have to look elsewhere.

Pros

• Spacious inside and vestibules
  • Relatively lightweight
  • Easy to set up

Cons

• Defective rain tarp seams
  • Weak stakes

Overall great tent, easy to set up with single hubbed pole, great pockets and vestibules/doors that you can tie up to keep open. Love that the footprint comes with it, but the fly seams ripping is what really led me to returning this tent.

Twice in the middle of a camping trip the seam at the fly tie down split after staking it down. The fly also gathered a relatively good bit of moisture in the mornings which sometimes would leak down into the tent.

Welcome to Trailspace, Patrick! Thanks for the review of your Nemo tent. Too bad it didn't work out. Did Nemo replace it for you the first time?

Patrick Duda

Hey Alicia, REI actually replaced it for me the first time and then was kind enough to refund me the second time last week.

That part is good then!

Timothy Schneider

I got my Nemo Galaxi 2 man Tent in Earth Brown "Sand Tan" from REI on 4-2017 and I can't wait to use my Nemo Galaxi 2 men Tent 2017 in Earth Brown "Sand Tan" for my Stealth Bicycle Camping in Southern California. and Bicycle Touring

@Timothy, I hope you'll review your own Nemo tents in the future. Have a great bicycle tour.

Timothy Schneider

I have the Kelty TraiLogic TN2 Tent and Footprint and maybe I can do one review on it in a few days

Thanks, Timothy!