Well built, but incredibly small. This shelter seems…

Well built, but incredibly small.

• Good quality

• Very small

This shelter seems to be well built and of good quality. I purchased this with the expectation that I would use it in the event of an unplanned overnight stay or getting caught in a bad storm for a few hours.

While I believe you could easily ride out a short storm with this shelter, which is apparently one of its main purposes, It would not work well for emergency overnight stays. The dimensions, even though they may be accurate, are very deceiving. You will not lay under this thing without your legs being exposed to the weather.

I also found it difficult to set up at an angle that allowed you to look out from one side and keep the rest of it taut (as depicted in the picture). A few more ounces of material would have made this a top-notch shelter.

Overall, for the price of this item, I think there are better options out there.

NEMO Hunker 2P

The NEMO Hunker 2P is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 18, 2016 at REI.

If you're looking for a new tarp/shelter, check out the best reviewed current models.

Granite Gear Air Zippditty Review