NEMO Hypno PQ

I was looking for a lightweight tent with a small…

Design: three-season freestanding dome
Ease of Setup: Very easy
Weight: 4.0 pounds including pump

I was looking for a lightweight tent with a small packed size to use for bicycle touring. I came across the Nemo Hypno PQ, and it fit the bill perfectly. I first used it for three separate short, two-day bike tours, then took it on a two-week tour in New Mexico. The small packed unit fits perfectly on the top platform of a front or rear bike cargo rack. The included stuff sack is waterproof, which is nice if you get caught in wet weather on the road or trail. Setup was a breeze using the included integrated pump, and it was easy enough that it didn't leave me gasping for breath, even after riding all day at altitudes higher than I am used to.

With the single-wall design, you do get a little more moisture buildup on the inside of the tent compared to typical backpacking tents, but I never found that to be a problem. I stayed dry in varying temperatures and conditions, including some brief rain showers.

Space inside is good, perfect for one person and gear, or two people that don't mind sleeping close. Ideally, the length could use a couple of extra inches; at 6 feet tall, either my head or toes brush the end walls a bit, but that is a compromise that is worthwhile for me. The only other minor complaint I would have is the lack of a vestibule, but that is something that I was aware of up front, and was willing to deal with for the other advantages of this tent.

On the second-to-last day of my trip in New Mexico, the inner air beam bladder started to leak. I swapped in the included spare bladder, and it worked fine for the remainder of my trip. When I got home, I contacted Nemo and told them about the problem, and they sent me a replacement bladder at no charge. So, I give a big thumbs-up for their customer service.

Fast Free Shipping on orders over $50. The NEMO Equipment Hypno PQ Ultralight 2 Person Tent is a limited edition backpacking tent made for adventure racing and fast and light travel.

- Powderfin.com

CLOSEOUTS . The Nemo Hypno PQ backpacking tent is super light and packable because it lets you leave the poles behind. The tent utilizes innovative Air Support Technology (AST) with 2 ” air beams that inflate with included pumps and withstand winds as well as standard tents. Official tent of the Primal Quest Expedition Adventure Race 2006 Ultralight and perfect for ecoracing or long journeys Storm Door entry with strutted vents Beams are incredibly tear- and puncture-resistant, yet easily repairable Includes integrated pump Spare air bladder included Sets up in 90 seconds 2-person, 3-season Floor: 84x53”, 31 sq.ft. Height: 36- ” Stuff size: 8- x8- ” Weight: 3 lb. 2 oz. Material: Silicone and nylon shell and floor CLOSEOUTS . China.

- Sierra Trading Post

Free Shipping. NEMO Hypno PQ Tent (Fall 2006) The official tent of Primal Quest Expedition Adventure Race 2006, the Hypno PQ by Nemo is the first AirSupported tent dedicated to adventure racing. This limited edition, freestanding tent weighs 2.7 lbs, sets up in less than a minute and compresses to roughly the size of a volleyball inside its dry bag stuff sack. Hypno PQ is designed to be simple and fast for adventures where time and weight are of primary concern. Hypno PQ features Nemo s unique Storm Door which combines the function of a standard doorway, a vent and a dry entry and exit. 2-4 Person Tent and Airbeams: 2.7 lbs. Packed Weight: 3.1 lbs. Total Area: 31 sq. ft. Features: Dry bag style stuff sack 2.5in. internal/external airbeams Storm door entry/strutted vent Removable internal airbeam 30D PU coated abrasion resistant nylon floor Removable external airbeam Overhead vent 30D sil-nylon shell Rear scoop style vent ensures cross ventilation The airbeams remain attached during the normal use, but can be removed to allow for customization or replacement

The official tent of the Primal Quest(R) Expedition Adventure Race 2006, Hypno PQ is the first AirSupported(TM) tent dedicated to adventure racing. This limited edition, freestanding tent weighs 2.7 lbs, sets up in less than a minute and compresses to roughly the size of a volleyball inside its watertight stuff sack. 3 lb. 1 oz 31 sq. ft.

- OMCgear

NEMO Hypno PQ

The Hypno PQ has been discontinued.

The NEMO Hypno PQ is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 10, 2010 at Powderfin.com.