NEMO Morpho

I was intrigued by the MORPHO tent design for bike…

I was intrigued by the MORPHO tent design for bike touring. Light weight, single wall, open and airy with no poles sounded like a touring cyclist's dream. It turned out to be my nightmare. The only good things about the tent were its weight and quick set up time.
I could not use the side doors if it was raining or there was water on the top of the tent because it would drain in.

The condensation that accumulated on the inside of the tent was beyond any anticipated expectations. I tried every way imaginable to reduce the condensation to no avail. Every morning I had to wipe off the inside top and sop up the puddles underneath any gear that was stored in the tent.

I could not use the vestibule for storing gear because I had to move up to that space to sleep to keep the bottom of my sleeping bag (where your feet are) away from the sloping top and walls to keep the sleeping bag dry.

It also developed 2 small holes at the back of the tent where the stakeout pulls attached.

I used the tent for a total of about 40 nights and would have returned this tent after a few days but I was in Europe.

When I returned home I contacted NEMO and they said to send back the tent so they could look at it. They found that the floor had also started to delaminate (something I did not notice).

They offered to replace the tent with the new version and refund the difference in price from what I paid and what it sells for now. This was not acceptable because they did away with the side doors so now you have to enter through the vestibule where your gear is stored. I would not have purchased a tent designed like this.

They offered to replace it with another model and refund the difference. I did not like this option because if I thought they had a better option I would have purchased it in the first place.

I asked for a total refund based on the fact that the tent did not come anywhere near my performance expectations, developed holes, and the floor started to delaminate. I was told that they couldn't offer a refund based on principle. Two of the people I talked with suggested that I sell the tent to recoup my cost!!!!! They use completely different fabric now.

Customers should not be test dummies. NEMO's warranty states: "If one of our products does not meet your expectations during its useful life, we promise to repair it, replace it, exchange it, or give you a refund."

What part of refund don't they understand!!! I don't think 40 nights use is past the "useful" life of a tent.

So now I am stuck with the LOSI. After setting it up and using it once I am convinced that it will not stand up to the rigors of bicycle touring. It is smaller in space than the MORPHO and not something I want to keep.

I am someone that likes to give the small guys a chance. Had they refunded my money I would consider buying from them again. It seems that they are more concerned about short term profits than long term customer satisfaction and integrity.

CLOSEOUTS . Never hassle with tent poles again. Nemo's Morpho tent uses Air Support Technology (AST) for an advanced pole-free design framed by air-filled beams. The result is a tent that sets up in about 45 seconds and packs lighter and smaller than other tents. Reinforced 3 air beams easily withstand wind and rain and resist tearing. SuperFly front canopy is retractable for mesh-only front in nice weather. Tent floor can be rolled out into vestibule for more internal space Three doors with Storm Door side entry Beams are easily repairable Spare air bladder included Includes Nemoid footpump (4.6 oz.) 2-person, 3-season Floor: 112x64 Floor (fully extended): 40 internal sq.ft. Floor (retracted, extra vestibule space): 26 internal sq.ft. Height: 42 Stuff size: 16x8- Weight: 4 lb. 11 oz. Material: Silicone and nylon CLOSEOUTS . China. Visit our Tent Buying Guide See our Family Camping 101 Guide

- Sierra Trading Post

DEMO TENT. This tent was a floor display demo and has been taken out of it's original packaging. The tent has not been used outside and is perfect working condition. All warranty and return policies are in effect. This Nemo Morpho is also the 2006 model year. The Nemo Morpho Tent is designed for the weight conscious backpacker who isn't ready to sacrifice comfort. It's a streamlined design, with enough space inside for gear, and plenty of headroom. Ventilation is top priority with Morpho. Three doors with mesh and six vents insure excellent air circulation whether it's a clear starry night, or pouring rain.

- CampSaver.com

Free Shipping. NEMO Morpho Tent (Fall 2006) The AirSupported Morpho tent by Nemo is designed for the weight conscious backpacker who isn't ready to sacrifice comfort. It's a highly functional design, with enough space inside for gear and plenty of headroom. Morpho features NEMO's patent pending ExoFly vestibule system which allows part of the floor area to be converted to vestibule in bad weather or converted to mesh in hot weather. Ventilation is top priority as three doors with mesh and three vents ensure excellent air circulation no matter what the elements bring. NEMO AirSupported Technology tents are designed to be some of the fastest to setup, strongest, easiest to use, most compact and most repairable three-season tents ever made. 2-3 Person Tent and Airbeams: 4.8 lbs. Packed Weight: 5.7 lbs. Total Area: 40 sq. ft. Vestibule Area: 14 sq. ft. Features: Roll-up style stuff sack 3.5in. internal airbeams PU front view window SuperFly retractable front canopy Mesh door offers three entry options 30D PU coated abrasion resistant Storm door side entry/strutted vent Removable internal airbeam Rear scoop style vent 30D waterproof/breathable shell Retractable SuperFly front canopy exposes mesh inner tent for maximum ventilation Simple attachment method allows you to release the inner tent to create a full vestibule for convenience in the rain

The Nemo Morpho is designed for the weight conscious backpacker who isn't ready to sacrifice comfort. It's a highly functional design, with three doors, three vents and plenty of space inside for gear. Morpho™ features NEMO's patent pending ExoFly™ front canopy which can be rolled back to expose the mesh inner tent in nice weather or deployed to create a generous vestibule. Floor Plan Nemo Morpho Features: PU Front View WindowSuperFly™ Retractable Front CanopyMesh Door Offers Three Entry Options30D Sil-Nylon FloorStorm Door™ Side Entry/Strutted VentRemovable Internal AirbeamRear Scoop Style Vent30D Waterproof/Breathable Shell Weight: 4.8 lbsDimensions: 64" x 112" Floor Area: 40 sq. ftPoles: No Poles Doors: 1

- OMCgear

NEMO Morpho

The Morpho has been discontinued.

The NEMO Morpho is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 12, 2008 at Sierra Trading Post.