New England Ropes / Maxim KM III 3/8"

As a person who deals with climbing ropes on a near-daily…

Price Paid: wholesale

Summary

As a person who deals with climbing ropes on a near-daily basis, I find New England Ropes to be the best on the market. The Maxim KM III is an example of a quality, static rope and is my choice in situations that do not warrant a dynamic rope.

Pros

• Quality

Cons

• A bit stretchy for being a "static" rope

I have been using New England's dynamic and static ropes for nearly 13 years on the Adventure Challenge Courses I manage. I think they are the best ropes in the industry. I've gone through dozens of ropes and belayed thousands of climbers. I've never had a single complaint about my NE ropes.

50-RC-5-08.jpg
Four climbers on my Adventure challenge course
using New England rope

Although it is a static rope, I still find the Maxim KM III to have a bit too much stretch for rope ascending, as is needful for most cavers.

New England Ropes / Maxim KM III 3/8"

The New England Ropes / Maxim KM III 3/8" is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen April 30, 2013 at Altrec Outdoors.

"Lazy. And Damn Good Looking"—Meet Andy, Backpacker, Geographer, Reviewer of the Month

Black Rock Gear The Original Review