Nite Ize Figure 9 Tent Line Kit
Broke on 1st use. So last night I pitched my hammock…
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $7
Broke on 1st use.
- Nice way to tighten up lines
- The reflective cordage seems durable
- Cheap plastic
So last night I pitched my hammock tarp to test these things, as well as my new MSR Groundhog stakes. Temps steady around 31°F. Calm winds (2-3mph). Light snow.
I woke up at 3am to find my feet soaking wet. Turns out one of the Figure 9s had snapped in half. The two halves were attached to the rope, but the tarp was lying across the ridgeline on my hammock. The footbox of my sleeping bag was completely covered in snow.
Finished the night using a taut line hitch to secure the tarp.
Bought this to replace the guy lines that came with…
Price Paid: $10
Bought this to replace the guy lines that came with my tent.
- same diameter as tent guy lines.
- as light or maybe lighter than tent guy lines
- more grip in the tents' adjustable slides that the tents' original guy lines.
- green color disappears in the day time, be careful not to trip but nicer than day glow while in the wilderness camping.
- get four figure 9's with the kit
- strong for its size
- a little difficult adjusting when used as the tent guy lines as the reflective is little knobs in the line. But it is manageable and more easily adjusted after the first attempt.
Yes I do recommend, I would buy again from REI.