Northern Lites Backcountry

Weight 2 pounds, 13 ounces/pair
Dimensions 9 x 30 inches
Max Load 250 pounds

I was looking for a lightweight snowshoe to use in…

I was looking for a lightweight snowshoe to use in mixed conditions in the Northeast. I looked at the MSR Lightnings, but found the Backcountries to be almost 1 lb lighter. On my first trip to the White Mountains, they worked better than I ever imagined.

I've used them on a few trips now and have not been disappointed. I never once had a problem, and due to the weight savings, my legs felt much better than when I hiked the same area using a pair of MSR's. When they are on your backpack, you don't even notice the difference.

They are easy to use, geat traction, great stability, and very very light. What else do you need....

Northern Lites Backcountry

The Backcountry has been discontinued.

The Northern Lites Backcountry is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen April 17, 2015 at Garage Grown Gear.

"Lazy. And Damn Good Looking"—Meet Andy, Backpacker, Geographer, Reviewer of the Month

Black Diamond Women's First Light Hoody Review