Waterproof, extremely comfortable, hiking sneaker.

Summary

Waterproof, extremely comfortable, hiking sneaker. Great traction; good arch support for high arches; wide foot-bed for toes and mid-foot areas. Highly recommend.

Pros

• Waterproof
  • Good support for high arches
  • Wide toe box and mid-foot area
  • Good traction
  • Sporty look

Cons

• None so far

The Oboz Sawtooth Low BDry hiking sneaker is waterproof, extremely comfortable, and durable.

I've owned mine for five months. Purchased for a trip to Tanzania which included a day hike on Kilimanjaro and hikes in the allowed areas in National Parks. I wore every day, all day, for 18 days on that trip, and my feet never hurt.

At home, I wear around town especially when grass/ground is wet, and on local hikes. The BDry sneakers keep my feet dry and comfortable, and look good, too. They are holding up well, and can handle my rinsing off mud, dust, and leaf debris as needed.

This sneaker fits my foot perfectly. It provides great arch support for my high arches; has a wide footbed for my toes and mid-foot areas (allows me to wear cushioned socks comfortably); and the back of the sneaker is comfortable at my heel and around my ankle bone (no rubbing). I could wear immediately with no break-in needed.

I appreciated the good traction and foot support when on rocks and trails, in dry/sandy conditions as well as wet. I also appreciate the sneakers kept my feet cool enough in hot, humid summer weather.

I purchased the Oboz Sawtooth Low BDry hiking sneaker because of its great fit and because it is waterproof. I am very pleased with the sneaker and highly recommend.

Welcome to Trailspace, Cheryl.

How much do I like this shoe? Enough to buy two pair!

Summary

How much do I like this shoe? Enough to buy two pair!

Pros

• Sole and tread
  • Arch and foot support
  • Appearance
  • BDry waterproofing

Cons

• None

image.jpg

I bought these shoes a year ago and was so impressed I bought a second. I need very good support plus a generous toe box. This shoe has it. The support is so good I do not need to add Superfeet or similar extra support — yet the shoe is not rigid like other shoes can be.

The sole grips well plus cushions my steps. Waterproofing keeps my feet dry and warm, but my feet don't get blazing hot. I move with confidence on the trail and enjoy wearing them in tow. Even after wearing the original pair for a year, I get compliments on its good looks.

I've worn Merrell, Salomon, Keen, and others; Oboz is for me!

Welcome to Trailspace, Shanti! Thanks for sharing your Oboz review with us. Care to share any pics in your review of your shoes to show how well they've held up?

1 year ago