I have hiked in these boots in the spring, summer,…

Price Paid: $119 CND

Summary

I have hiked in these boots in the spring, summer, and fall and worn them with snowshoes in winter, and they have been comfortable in all these conditions. I have had them going on five years and they are still going strong. In the spring, fall, and winter conditions tend to be wet here on the west coast, and my feet stay warm and dry for up to several hours of cold, wet hiking.

I highly recommend these boots.

Pros

• Great water resistance
  • Good grip

Cons

• Take at least 12 hours to dry completely
  • A bit too hot for summer weather
  • Light colour shows dirt
  • Could have better ankle support

These boots fit my size 7.5-8 feet really well. I have a hard time finding boots that fit well because I am somewhere between a 7.5 and an 8, but these fit well right away. The laces keep them snug on my feet, but not too tight.

Hardly any break in needed for these. I wore them as my daily shoe the first winter I got them and I had no problems. The sole supports my foot well, I do not get sore feet in these boots, even after hours of hiking. The ankle support could be slightly better. That said I have never rolled my ankle wearing these, so it is adequate.

These boots have great water resistance. I have hiked in rainy, wet rainforest conditions, walked across shallow streams and snowshoed in heavy, wet snow, and they have held up great. The only downside here is that the materials take a long time to dry once they eventually get wet, not quick drying. However I have worn them damp on camping trips where I had no warm place to dry them out overnight and the warmth of my feet dried them out as I walked the next day.

They have good traction. The only surface I have slipped a little on wearing these is packed, slick snow. On dry ground the grip is very good, never had any issues.

Durability of these boots is fantastic. I have had them for five years and have worn them at least 2-3 times a week all fall and winter long. I've done plenty of hiking and snowshoeing in them, as well as wearing them as a work boot on occasion, and they are not showing much wear at all. Laces have not frayed at all, soles are not separating at all, no seams coming undone.

The light colour of the design does show dirt faily easily, so unless you are super careful at keeping them clean, they will start to look dirty quite quickly. Personally I don't mind though, they look worn like a good, comfortable hiking boot should!

Welcome to Trailspace, Robin! Thanks for the helpful review of your Oboz boots. If you have some pictures of yours, those would be great to see in your review too.

rated 4.50 of 5 stars All Sawtooth Mid versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there is 1 review for another version of the Sawtooth Mid. Read all reviews »