Oboz Sawtooth

Good shoe. Could of been better. Had them for about…

Price Paid: ???

Summary

Good shoe. Could of been better.

Pros

• Looks
  • Soles/grip
  • Breathable
  • Rigid

Cons

• Fit
  • Break-in time

Had them for about a year. I wanted a shoe that would take place of my heavy boots. Unfortunately, these were not it.

I have a narrow, low volume foot with moderate arch. At first these seemed slimmer than Merrell and Krebs, but after an overnight hike, I noticed a good amount of slipping. Also take forever to break in.

Although they are comfortable and supportive, they are not "The One".

Great lightweight trail shoes for day or overnight…

Summary

Great lightweight trail shoes for day or overnight trips.

Pros

• Nice look
  • Good price

Cons

• Difficult to break in
  • Poor fit

I was excited about this shoe. For one, it is made in the USA and wanted to encourage a USA-based company.

Two, I really liked the way it looked. I have always used stiff backpacking boots for day or mutli-day trips but was ready to convert to using lighter shoes for my backpacking trips. I thought this would do it.

However, I gave it many trials and I kept getting blisters after blisters, and so I finally gave up trying to break the shoes. My arch also started hurting so I got worried about getting permanent arch inflammation. I returned them even though I had great hopes.

Overall, I think it is designed for warmer weather. It has a great grip, especially for rock scrambling which is what I tend to do a lot of. I think it fits true to size, but once again, since I never was able to break through, perhaps I didn't have the right fit for me foot size.

If you've owned or used an Oboz Sawtooth, please share your experience.