Oboz Traverse Low

For a durable, lightweight shoe that is ready to take…

Summary

For a durable, lightweight shoe that is ready to take whatever terrain you throw at it, look no further than the Oboz Traverse Low.

Pros

• Thick soles
  • Great arch support

Cons

• Lacing problems
  • Low ankle support

My first ever backpacking trip left me with a stress fracture in my foot due to the rocky terrain and wearing only tennis shoes to hike in, my mistake. The first thing that I bought when I got back were these shoes.

I think that I really lucked out with the fit of the shoe, with the biggest surprise being the lack of need to break them in. Wearing size 13 can sometimes be a hindrance when it comes to getting shoes to fit correctly on my feet, these felt molded to my foot.

The arch support is probably my #1 Pro about these shoes. I don't have a particularly high arch, but I can definitely feel the support every time I am descending rocky terrain. The support combined with the thick soles creates a base that allows you to tackle even the rockiest terrain without having your feet ache the next day.

I haven't had to hike in water much with the shoes, but when I have had to cross streams in them I have had no problem getting traction on the wet rocks.

The few cons were that I didn't really like how the shoes lace up, there can be some difficulty making the shoes fit snugly all the way through, and the laces, though durable, are a little stiff and long. The other con is there is really no ankle support, but you really shouldn't expect much support from a low top shoe.

Overall, I love the shoes and know that when I am out for a hike or backpacking trip the wellbeing of my feet are one less thing that I have to worry about.

Rugged and comfortable, the Oboz Traverse Low hiking shoes offer versatile multisport performance and a supportive fit for comfort mile after mile.

Free Shipping. Oboz Men's Traverse Low Shoe FEATURES of the Oboz Men's Traverse Low Shoe Synthetic Leather and High Abrasion Resistant Textile Welded Stitchless Synthetic Micro-Suede Cage TPU Heel Counter Metal Lace Hardware BFit Deluxe Dual Density EVA TPU Chassis Nylon Shank Granite Peak Outsole SPECIFICATIONS of the Oboz Men's Traverse Low Shoe Weight: 1/2 pair: 16.6 oz

The durable Traverse Low from Oboz has the fit, stability, protection, traction, cushioning, breathability, and toughness to keep you moving confidently on challenging terrain.

- EMS

The Oboz Traverse Low Hiking Shoe has the toughness, breathability, traction, fit, protection, stability, cushioning and durability to get you through whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at you. Welded synthetic leather overlays and a burly mudguard armor your feet and secure them in place on the BFit Deluxe insole. The outsole lugs are deep and strategically placed to reduce weight and provide off-the-chart traction.

- CampSaver.com

Toughness, traction, fit and comfort these hikers have it all. With a welded synthetic leather upper and tough-as-nails mudguard, these shoes are built to withstand whatever nature has in mind. Dual-density EVA cushioning in the midsole disperses impact and keeps feet comfortable during long hikes. BFit Deluxe provides exceptional support for rugged terrain and adds durability. Sturdy lugs on the outsole are strategically placed for no-slip traction, and its low cut makes it adaptable for a variety of activities. BFit lacing system is specifically designed for a close, secure fit. Nylon shank. Metal lace hardware. Imported.

- L.L.Bean