Osprey Manta 30

s/m m/l
Weight 2 lb 6 oz / 1.07 kg 2 lb 9 oz / 1.16 kg
Capacity 1600 cu in / 27 L 1800 cu in / 30 L
Reservoir weight 9 oz / 255 g

I just bought this pack, and not only did I get a…

I just bought this pack, and not only did I get a great deal, but this is the best hydration pack I have ever owned before. I am used to having a CamelBak that I have used for around 10 years now, however after switching to Osprey I will never go back!

Pack space is incredible, the Osprey reservoirs are sooo much better than the Camelbak ones, and Osprey's lifetime warranty is one of the best around! Buy this pack and you will never need another hydration pack!

I bought this bag trying to simplify my bag collection.

I bought this bag trying to simplify my bag collection. Thinking it could be an overnight/travel/hunt/climbing/day I special ordered it in since nobody stocked them.

I loved the cross vent! Like a lot of the other bags that Osprey makes. It packed well for traveling (2-3 days) and overnight, however it was not well suited to holding climbing gear. I think I may just be a biased top-loader fan, but again I felt like it weighed a little and dragged on me.

The straps are super wimpy and kept getting twisted as I hiked (taking it on and off a few times to take photos and what not) I wouldn't notice it at first, but then it would cause discomfort. The zippers on the hip pockets  get snagged often and overall if you're skinny you get straps flappin (even though they are connected).

In short, I got rid of it, grabbed a smaller Camelbak and another an Osprey Talon for travel/school/overnight.

So I love my new Manta. I got it for a day bag / laptop…

Size: 30
Number of Pockets: about 6
Max. Load Carried: 40 lbs
Height of Owner: 5'8"

So I love my new Manta. I got it for a day bag / laptop backpack so I can use it for work, travel, hiking, etc. It fits my 13inch screen (9 "x 12.5" total size of outside of laptop) but it does so with it bulging out on the sides slightly.

If you are looking for an ideal bag for a laptop, I would go with the Stratos 34 or the Aurora 35. I have not used either one yet, but I saw both at a tradeshow and have been meaning to buy one for my regular work/travel backpack, and switch my Manta to more of a day hiking/hydration pack, but it works well now for everything.

I love the included rain cover and hydration bladder and air suspension to keep my back ventilated.

I travel around the world with this bag, 3 continents and 5 countries so far.

Visit Osprey's Manta 30 page.

With an added large front organizer and shove-it pocket the largest of the Manta series provides ultimate space for extended day trips with stretch mesh side pockets as well as full length side access zipper for easy access to extra gear.

- RockCreek

Description of Osprey Manta 30 Pack Designed for dayhikers the Osprey Manta 30 pack provides the necessities to the thrill seakers looking to keep those doggies rolling. A Hydrafoam reservoir and an AirSpeed Suspension system offer agility and nutrients for extended trail tromping. Features180 On-Off Pivot Bite ValveHydraForm Reservoir Filling and CleaningHydraLock Compartment - 1HydraLock Compartment - 2HydraLock Compartment - 3HydraLock Compartment - 4Integrated Raincover - 1Integrated Raincover - 2Key ClipMagnetic sternum strap buckleNoScratch Top Slash PocketStretch Woven Front Pocket

- US Outdoor Store

The Osprey Manta 30 offers ample volume and versatility for long, hydrated adventures. A Large front zippered pocket with shove-it pocket and two zippered side pockets carry plenty of essentials. An integrated raincover and Stow-on-the-Go trekking pole carry help you be ready for whatever the elements and terrain throw at you. Includes 3L hydration bladder and rain cover.

- CampSaver.com

Lightweight and comfortable to wear while you're on the go, the Osprey Manta 30 100 oz. hydration pack lets you carry all your fuel and liquids for long days on the trail or slopes. Osprey Hydraulics(TM) system allow the reservoir to conform to your back for a precise, stable and comfortable fit. HydraForm(TM) reservoir features a rigid spine/handle that stabilizes the water load and makes it easy to fill and clean. BPA- and PVC-free reservoir features AquaGuard(TM) antimicrobial formula to help prevent bacteria and mold. 180deg pivoting on/off valve rotates in either direction for easy flow control; magnetic sternum-strap buckle secures the bite valve when not in use. AirSpeed(TM) suspension incorporates a lightweight alloy frame and cross-struts with a tensioned mesh back panel for support and flexibility. Panel-loading main compartment holds a day's worth of food, clothing and gear. Zippered top organizational pocket with key clip holds small items; zippered top pocket with soft lining protects your sunglasses. Large and small stretch-woven front shove-it pockets offer quick external storage and access; two zippered side pockets carry small items within easy reach. The Osprey Manta 30 hydration pack features an integrated raincover. Closeout.