Osprey Viper 7

Weight 1 lb 2 oz / 520 g
Capacity 400 cu in / 7 L

Huge Osprey Fan. I've owned three Osprey packs, and…

Summary

Huge Osprey Fan. I've owned three Osprey packs, and will likely own more in my future. This is a simple, do all pack for biking or quick hikes.

Pros

• Best hydration system I've owned

Cons

• Material separation

Bought this on Steep and Cheap for a song, so it was a win no matter the outcome. This is a simple hydration pack that has plenty of features for everything you do. Great for mountain biking. Big enough for rain layer, snacks and tools, has hemet lock also.

I also use mine as a quick daypack. Great for my First Aid, SOL kit and snacks. Stretchy outer stuff pocket is great for my light rain jacket.

Greatest thing is the bladder itself. Osprey has nailed it. I have owned everything from Blackhawk to Camelbak. So far, all of them have leaked. Not only has the Osprey bladder not leaked, it has a magnet that clicks itself right into place on the sternum strap so it doesn't dangle in your way. I have added the magnet clasp to my daypack and weekend bag as well, so I can use this bladder for all of them.

Only downside I have found on this bag so far, is that the elastic portion in the shoulder strap that you feed the hose through has begun to unravel. However, no fear, Osprey has the best warranty you can find.

Osprey Viper 7

The Osprey Viper 7 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 25, 2013 at Gear for Adventure.

If you're looking for a new hydration pack, check out the best reviewed current models.