Outdoor Products Trekking Pole Set

Extends to 4.5 ft

$20 dollar no holler! You can't beat the price for…

$20 dollar no holler! You can't beat the price for the quality you get.

Planned on hiking on the cheap and picked these things up. After extensive backcountry use and abuse, I am pleasantly surprised. They held up to everything I threw at them. They carried my weight plus 45 pound pack with no problems. I did not experience any failed locks like the others.

All in all, you get what you pay for...

I received these poles as a gift and am glad I did…

Price Paid: Gift ($15)

I received these poles as a gift and am glad I did not actually buy them. I was immediately displeased with them once I got them home. At that time one of the end pieces fell off. I then super glued them on both poles.

On my first hike using them I was pleased with how tight the telescopic locking mechanism held. I was able to lift my whole body (pack included) off the ground with out the poles collapsing. That said, once I started using them they kept switching back and forth from shock absorbing to lock out every few feet. This made them very annoying. Then a few miles down the trail the sand/snow cups fell off and I lost them.

Additionally, the metal tips they used must have been made of lead because after a few miles they were mushroomed almost flat.

I bought this set to see if I prefer them over my…

Price Paid: under $20

Summary

I bought this set to see if I prefer them over my staff. I liked the price. The shock absorbers are a plus. This is a good beginner set.

Pros

• Price
  • Shock absorber

Cons

• Easy to bend
  • Needs cleaning a lot
  • Hard plastic handles

I have never used trekking poles before. I bought this set at WalMart to see if I would like them. They seemed to work OK.

I tried this set out at a prvate college trail system. The handles are hard plastic and after two miles rubbed a hot spot on my hands. They worked good at stream crossing and poorly on slick rock.

A good friend is on his third set of this brand. He likes the price. His last two sets lasted about 60 to 80 miles. Lock failure one time and bent a pole on the A.T.

I had to clean dirt out of mine from the creek and river. The lower section of the pole seems to be a dirt magnet.

Outdoor Products Trekking Pole Set

The Outdoor Products Trekking Pole Set is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new antishock trekking pole, check out the best reviewed current models.

Congratulations, Top Gear Reviewers of 2016