Outdoor Products Trekking Pole Set

$20 dollar no holler! You can't beat the price for…

$20 dollar no holler! You can't beat the price for the quality you get.

Planned on hiking on the cheap and picked these things up. After extensive backcountry use and abuse, I am pleasantly surprised. They held up to everything I threw at them. They carried my weight plus 45 pound pack with no problems. I did not experience any failed locks like the others.

All in all, you get what you pay for...

I received these poles as a gift and am glad I did…

Price Paid: Gift ($15)

I received these poles as a gift and am glad I did not actually buy them. I was immediately displeased with them once I got them home. At that time one of the end pieces fell off. I then super glued them on both poles.

On my first hike using them I was pleased with how tight the telescopic locking mechanism held. I was able to lift my whole body (pack included) off the ground with out the poles collapsing. That said, once I started using them they kept switching back and forth from shock absorbing to lock out every few feet. This made them very annoying. Then a few miles down the trail the sand/snow cups fell off and I lost them.

Additionally, the metal tips they used must have been made of lead because after a few miles they were mushroomed almost flat.

If you've owned or used an Outdoor Products Trekking Pole Set, please share your experience.

Outdoor Products Trekking Pole Set

The Outdoor Products Trekking Pole Set is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new antishock trekking pole, check out the best reviewed current models.

Extends to 4.5 ft