Outdoor Research Crocodiles

Worked amazing!! Mud, muk, even water. These things…

Summary

Worked amazing!! Mud, muk, even water. These things can do it all.

Pros

• Work incredibly well
  • Make you look like a super hero

Cons

• I wish they went a little smaller

I bought these for a trip to MT Marcy in the Adirondacks last fall. When we went there was snow on the ground but it was a fairly warm weekend (as far as Marcy in the fall goes) meaning it was muddy. I was wearing my Asolo heavy hikers and the Crocs.

At on point I sunk in 3/4 way up my croc. but these things were amazing and my feet never got wet. I traipsed through streams, puddles, and mud without any concern and throughout the whole trip my feet were dry. I was also told they made me look like a suer hero, but that was in part due to the bright blue pants.

My only issue was the sizing, but I don't blame the Crocs. My legs are really skinny, so the Crocs velcro seemed a little big, but I'm sure that's just a me issue. My fiancé Jeff also had Crocs and his fit fine and worked amazingly as well.

rated 4.00 of 5 stars All Crocodiles versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there are 5 reviews for other versions of the Crocodiles. Read all reviews »

Visit Outdoor Research's Crocodiles page.

The Outdoor Research Crocodile gaiters keep snow out of your boots while snowshoeing, cross-country skiing or climbing glaciated mountains.

The Outdoor Research Crocodiles Gaiters are built with a three-layer waterproof, breathable Gore-Tex which makes them a must for all your climbing and other winter activities. fitted design and rugged fabrication Durable BioThane Avg. Weight: 8.9oz (252g) size large

- OMCgear

Outdoor Research Crocodiles Gaiters for Women - 2013 ModelKeep your legs dry and comfortable inside these Outdoor Research Crocodiles Gaiters for Women. They offer ample durability and protection to prevent snow, dirt, water, or pebbles from entering your boots, whether you're hiking in the snow or venturing in rugged terrains. It fends off the weather while providing a comfortable, snug fit. It is designed with two fabrics - one of GORE-TEX nylon and the other of Cordura nylon. The GORE-TEX nylon that makes up the upper legs lets you stay dry and comfortable. Its waterproof and windproof properties offer ample protection against the elements without affecting the gaiters' breathability. It also prevents heat loss since it blocks moisture from the environment. Cordura that make up the inner leg and boot, on the other hand, delivers the durability the gaiters need to withstand the abrasion of ice, rocks, and the occasional nick of crampon points. The design of these Crocodiles Gaiters for men is also convenient for the wearer and they can be paired up with a variety of outdoor style. Their double-stitched front closure provides easy on/off access, while the top closures feature a dedicated webbing/cam buckle that secures the top of the gaiters to your leg. There's even the BioThane instep strap that's durable against moisture, shocks, and abrasions and easy to clean. If you're looking for that extra protection against the elements, choose the Outdoor Research Crocodiles Gaiters for Women.

- SunnySports

The names 'Cordura' and 'Gore-Tex' have both become legendary among outdoor enthusiasts. Both have come to symbolize utter dependability in their respective fields. One item that has helped to nurture this reputation is the Outdoor Research Crocodile Gaiter. Equally legendary and nearly as famous, the Crocodile was the original high-performance weather- and mountain-proof gaiter. The Crocodile hasn't changed much over the years because its design was spot-on from the beginning. Besides having a triple-bartacked Biothane webbing instep strap and an additional tab that holds down the front opening, this Cordura and Gore-Tex masterpiece remains as it was in the beginning.