Outdoor Research Helios Sun Hat

After trying on every hat in REI (I'm not a hat person),…

Summary

After trying on every hat in REI (I'm not a hat person), I decided on this one in khaki. It was pricey at $45 at the time I bought it. They are cheaper now. I think they are $24.95. At the time I needed a sun hat so I had to buy one that day. I ended up loving the hat and wear it on every sunny hike. It always is with me on every hike as well.

Pros

• Doesn't make my head sweat
  • Customized sing elastic cord built in the hat
  • Neck adjusting cord
  • Breathable

Cons

• None

image.jpg

I bought this sun hat last summer. I don't wear hats, so just getting used to wearing a hat took a little while. I like the hat and it does come in handy on very hot sunny days. Sometimes I wear a thin scarf over my head and then wear the hat to keep neck from getting sunburned as well. I love that the hat has an elastic cinch strap built to customize fit around head.

This hat serves the purpose as far as sun hats go. I will be using it this season too. It is pretty well made and lightweight.

Great hat for those sunny days in the Cascades. The…

Price Paid: I don't remember

Summary

Great hat for those sunny days in the Cascades.

Pros

• Breathable
  • Light
  • Large brim

The first thing I'd do is size up one size when you order this great hat. I picked it up at the Seattle store and realized I had to bump up to a large. I wear this hat all summer in the Cascades while hiking.

This hat provides great sun protection with its wide brim. It's lightweight at around 2.5 oz and also works great as a bucket to dip into a creek and pour over your head. I don't even realize it's on my head.