User Review: Ozark Trail Air Mattress Velour Top
Price Paid: $30
The tricks to getting an Ozark or Intex air mattress to last a long time (mine last for several years constant use):
1) inflate it just enough so the 2 way valve seats properly, otherwise it can leak from underinflation. Expect some leakage over a long time (like several months). Then, if it seems to be getting soft, again, it may just be that you need to top it off for the same reason.
2) don't over-inflate or a hole or seam break will occur
3) when you get into bed, don't put all your weight on it in one place. Instead get on it like you were going to lie down on top of someone. That way you won't be putting very high force on the same place every time you use it. If you get on it like you would a normal bed, then you will get a break at a seam at that spot for every mattress you buy.
4) rotate the mattress every month or so; that way you get more wear out of it. You could flip it over too, just like with a normal mattress.
5) cover the mattress with a thick blanket or two, then put the sheets on top. That helps spread the force so it is not concentrated.
6) don't sleep on your side in such a way that you often put all the force of your hip directly on the seam (if it has parallel beams)
7) don't let kids jump on it; treat it appropriately.
8) if it has two valves (the big one and a little one like a beach raft), then make sure the little one is plugged properly
9) if it develops a leak, then get the proper vinyl patching kit, sand off the flocking, apply the patch, put a weight on the patch, and let dry 24 hrs.
Where to Buy
The Ozark Trail Air Mattress Velour Top is not available from the stores we monitor.
You may want to check pricing and availability directly at these Ozark Trail retailers:
You may be able to find it new or used at one of these sites:
Retailers: Do you sell this product? List your site here.