Ozark Trail Single Burner Propane Camp Stove
This burner is so simple to use. You adjust the gas…
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $19.95
This burner is so simple to use. You adjust the gas flow and light the burner. No pumping or priming. The plastic base that comes with it makes the base very stable. I would recommend this burner as a starter burner for new campers. It's lightweight, but a little bulky.
- 10,000 BTU
- Nickel plated drip tray for easy cleanup
- Drawstring carry bag that the burner and the gas cans fits into easily
- widely available small propane gas cans
- The wind plays a little havoc on the flame
- Metal around the burner seems a bit thin and it appears it would bend easily if dropped.
- Its bulky size is a little hard to pack.
The Ozark Trail single burner stove is handy to have in camp. It's easy to pack on a boat trip. However a bit overkill for an overnight backpacking trip. I liked the 10,000 BTU burner and the ease of propane.
I was also able to reduce the flame to barely a simmer so that I could cook a dish that required a very low flame and a longer cook time such as rice. I have tested this product and give it a thumbs up for truck camping, boat and island camping but not for long backpacking trips.