Packit Gourmet Dottie's Chicken & Dumplings

Single Serving Weight 4 ounces
Double Serving Weight 9.5 ounces
Calories/serving 280

Finally, after 40+ years, some good...strike that...fantastic…

Summary

Finally, after 40+ years, some good...strike that...fantastic food for the trail.

Pros

• Priced well
  • Easy prep
  • DELICIOUS

Cons

• Only that I can't get it locally...obviously, not really a problem

Prep: Almost as easy as it gets...just add hot water, drop it in an insulated bag for a while, and it's ready to go.

Flavor: As good as it gets.

Portion Size: Hope you're hungry! Three grown men could barely finish two servings.

Price: Better pricing than the brands you'll find in stock at "insert your favorite backpacking supply store here".

Honestly, after using the Packit Gourmet meals, snacks, drinks, and condiments for three seasons now, I can say that these (all that I've tried so far) meals are the best I've ever tried. Some of them (potato salad, southwest black bean and corn salad, kickin' chicken hotwing salad and more) are truly restaurant worthy.

I can't start a day on the trail without one of the smoothies!

Welcome to Trailspace, kitcarson! Thanks for sharing your review. I've heard only good things about Packit Gourmet meals.

I have been using this company's products for several…

Price Paid: online from company at retail

I have been using this company's products for several seasons and have not been let down.

I tried Dottie's on the John Muir Trail this season and loved it. I introduced a compadre to the product on the trip as well and he raved on about how good it was for backpack food.

I have tried most of the standard brands and this one beats them all.

Excellent meal, very tasteful. Vegetables as well…

Excellent meal, very tasteful. Vegetables as well as the portions were awesome. Tasted as home-cooked as could be for a trail meal.

Packit Gourmet has many hearty tasteful meals for the trail. Bangers and Mash as well as Gumbo and Austintacious Tortilla Soup. All taste home-cooked by Sarah, her mother, and staff.

They also have special rates for Scout units. They also use green power to produce their products with a wind turbine.

Packit Gourmet Dottie's Chicken & Dumplings

The Packit Gourmet Dottie's Chicken & Dumplings is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new meat entrée, check out the best reviewed current models.