Packit Gourmet Dottie's Chicken & Dumplings

Single Serving Weight 4 ounces
Double Serving Weight 9.5 ounces
Calories/serving 280

Finally, pack food that doesn't taste like pack food.

Price Paid: $10.49 for the 2 serving meal (in 2013)

Summary

Finally, pack food that doesn't taste like pack food. FANTASTIC!!!

Pros

• Priced right
  • Tasty
  • Easy prep

Cons

• Only that I have to order it online since it's not in any local stores

Prep: Almost as easy as it gets...just add hot water, drop it in an insulated bag for a while, and it's ready to go.

Flavor: As good as it gets.

Portion Size: Hope you're hungry! Three grown men could barely finish two servings.

Price: Better pricing than the brands you'll find in stock at "insert your favorite backpacking supply store here".

Honestly, after using the Packit Gourmet meals, snacks, drinks, and condiments for three seasons now, I can say that these (all that I've tried so far) meals are the best I've ever tried. Some of them (potato salad, southwest black bean and corn salad, kickin' chicken hotwing salad and more) are truly restaurant worthy.

I can't start a day on the trail without one of the smoothies!

We used to be able to get single of two serving meals which I liked as it cut down on packaging, but in all honesty, the single serving meal is close to two servings anyway. The "two serving" portions were just right for three people when you supplemented with a small desert-like snack...which you know you're going to have anyway.

I have been using this company's products for several…

Price Paid: online from company at retail

I have been using this company's products for several seasons and have not been let down.

I tried Dottie's on the John Muir Trail this season and loved it. I introduced a compadre to the product on the trip as well and he raved on about how good it was for backpack food.

I have tried most of the standard brands and this one beats them all.

Excellent meal, very tasteful. Vegetables as well…

Excellent meal, very tasteful. Vegetables as well as the portions were awesome. Tasted as home-cooked as could be for a trail meal.

Packit Gourmet has many hearty tasteful meals for the trail. Bangers and Mash as well as Gumbo and Austintacious Tortilla Soup. All taste home-cooked by Sarah, her mother, and staff.

They also have special rates for Scout units. They also use green power to produce their products with a wind turbine.

Packit Gourmet Dottie's Chicken & Dumplings

The Packit Gourmet Dottie's Chicken & Dumplings is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new meat entrée, check out the best reviewed current models.

Congratulations, Sheila, Winner of a Year's Worth of Nikwax