Patagonia Capilene 1 Silkweight T-Shirt - Men's

Weight 4.2 oz / 119 g
Fabric 3.4 oz 100% Recycled Polyester, 15 UPF Sun Protection, Gladiodor®

Good, solid base layer. This is a solid T-shirt. The…

Summary

Good, solid base layer.

Pros

• Wicks and dries well
  • Good quality
  • Doesn't smell

Cons

• Could be sized smaller

This is a solid T-shirt. The material has a slight sheen to it, is a bit stretchy and very comfortable. It wicks and dries very quickly.

I bought mine in black about 6 months ago. It's been washed about 10 times and the seams and stitching still look great. I hike in just this shirt during the day and haven't had any problems with snares from gear or branches, so I'd say it's durable.

It still smells fine, and I think whatever odor guard Patagonia is using works well. It's light at 4.8 oz.

Though advertised as slim fit, it's cut a little looser than my Haglofs and Nike tech shirts, but not so loose that it doesn't layer well. It's more of a traditional fit. It was inexpensive, I picked it up for $21 at Backcountry. I would say it's my favorite base layer.

highres_443450828---Copy.jpg

Thanks for the review, Andy.