Patagonia Heavyweight Mountaineering Sock

Warm, comfortable, and durable. This socks are a great…

Price Paid: 15 $ CAN

Summary

Warm, comfortable, and durable.

Pros

• Warm

Cons

• Discontinued

This socks are a great addition to my Scarpa Manta boots for hiking in cold weather or when going cross-country skiing. I have used them anywhere from 10° C to -10° or -20°C probably a few times even colder than that if wind chill is consider.

They are warm without overheating your feet and provide good cushion and allow your feet to breathe properly. They are a tad on the thick side so you need some room in your boots for a proper fit.

I found them to be better than other heavy wool socks. Some times I pair them with a thin merino sock as a first layer if it is going to be extremely cold, but is generally an overkill.

Patagonia, shame on you for discontinuing this product. If you can find a pair anywhere snatch them!

These socks are Great! Really warm and comfortable.

Use: Cold weather hiking, backpacking, mountaineering

These socks are Great! Really warm and comfortable. They are pretty thick so if your boots/shoes are snug I wouldn't recommend them for you. I wear a size 11.5/12 boot and bought the Large, which I find a little tight on the calve. the next pair will be an X-large.

I have had no need as of yet to use a vapour liner with them but then again I have only worn them maybe 8 times, the coldest being -18 with some Asolo Sassalong Hiking boots and I stayed warm and dry. They are pricey but I feel there worth the price.

Patagonia Heavyweight Mountaineering Sock

The Heavyweight Mountaineering Sock has been discontinued.

The Patagonia Heavyweight Mountaineering Sock is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 31, 2012 at Patagonia.com.

"Lazy. And Damn Good Looking"—Meet Andy, Backpacker, Geographer, Reviewer of the Month

Black Rock Gear The Original Review