Patagonia Ultralight Down Vest

I had never owned a down vest before, but the Patagonia…

Summary

I had never owned a down vest before, but the Patagonia Ultralight Down Vest is worth the investment. I have found that this vest can be used hiking, biking, around town, working outside or downstairs in my basement (very cold)!! It is an excellent core warmer and doesn't weigh anything. You forget you have it on. I would recommend this as an important part of your outdoor apparel.

Pros

• Very warm
  • Super light weight
  • Compressible
  • High collar

Cons

• A little pricey

The Patagonia Ultralight Down Vest is going to become a favorite new piece in your outdoor collection. The vest is super light, very compressible, and very warm. Works great by itself or fits easily under any shell. Large, zippered front pockets and high collar. Elastic, drawcord hem to keep in precious heat.

Never owning a down vest before, I find myself always grabbing the Ultralight for just about everything I do. Works great for an early morning hike before the sun comes up or a late night bike ride on the east bench. I was really surprised how warm this vest is being an Ultralight.

The price is a little steep, but you will be happy with the investment. I also like the performance fit, which keeps the vest close to your body. Comes with a stuff sack that compresses to about the size of a small orange. Enjoy!!

Patagonia makes good stuff...at high prices. Thanks for the review on this, Matt.

rob5073