Pearl Izumi Pursuit 7" Shorts

Stretchable, breathable, transfer dry shorts are great…

Source: tested or reviewed it for the manufacturer (I received a sample of this product from Verde PR for purposes of this review)

Summary

Stretchable, breathable, transfer dry shorts are great for running, hiking, or the gym. Supportive inner liner for comfort.

Pros

• Stretchable fabric
  • Transfer—dry for comfort
  • Reflective trim for safety
  • Breathable

Whether you are running, hiking, or just working out in the gym you can't beat the comfort of Pearl Izumi Pursuit shorts. Available in 3-, 5-, and 7-inch inseam lengths, Pursuit Shorts offer a lot of comfort in a lightweight package.

Constructed from polyester and elastane they have just the right amount of stretch while providing excellent breathability and the ability to transfer dry when damp. The transfer dry mesh inner liner provides support and keeps everything in its proper place. The elastic waist is supplemented with a drawstring for the perfect fit. A rear envelope pocket is big enough for some money, a key, and your ID. Reflective side trim provides visibility when out at night.

I was lucky enough to obtain a pair of the 7-inch Pursuit shorts early last year and have been testing them ever since. A size medium fit my 33-inch waist perfectly with just a bit of tightening of the drawstring. I have used them 100 plus times in my local gym, have worn them on numerous hikes, and they have been on several backpacking trips.

The combination of the mesh liner and large mesh areas on the side panels has kept me cool during many an hour of hot strenuous exercise. The ability of the liner to transfer the moisture away from my skin removes any point of irritation. The stretchiness of the material means no matter what position I get my body in they never pull or feel tight.

Being ultralight they have been the perfect item for hanging around the campsite, sleeping in, and the occasional swim during backpack trips. With well over 100 washings they still look and feel like new.

• Price: 3-inch $50, 5-inch $50, 7-inch $55
  • Colors: Blue, Black, Grey
  • Size: Small - XXLarge

Disclosure: I received a sample of this product for purposes of this review, but the opinions expressed are my own.

Thanks for the review, Steve. I use to backpack in cheap Walmart swim trunks. Now that I'm a runner, I just use running shorts like these. It's nice to let your crotch brief in hot weather.