This isn't a trail runner, but it's great on the pavement.

Use: Road running
Break-in Period: None
Weight: 13 oz.

This isn't a trail runner, but it's great on the pavement. I run on a dirt levy from time to time. My only concern when I do is that the Guides have a wide channel under the heel that picks up fairly sizeable pebbles. That's annoying.

But overall, I love this shoe. It's out-of-the-box comfortable. I'm on my second pair (I ground my first pair into oblivion). I'm a big runner, so I have knee concerns. The Guide provides enough cushioning that I've never had serious knee issues, even when I've pushed my mileage. I bought the Guides after going through two pairs of Kayanos. I'll take the Guide every time.

The upper is covered with a reflective seamless mesh that looks great, but on my first pair, this mesh started to rip immediately. I called Pearl, they exchanged them, and I've had no trouble with either pair after that.