This isn't a trail runner, but it's great on the pavement.

Use: Road running
Break-in Period: None
Weight: 13 oz.

This isn't a trail runner, but it's great on the pavement. I run on a dirt levy from time to time. My only concern when I do is that the Guides have a wide channel under the heel that picks up fairly sizeable pebbles. That's annoying.

But overall, I love this shoe. It's out-of-the-box comfortable. I'm on my second pair (I ground my first pair into oblivion). I'm a big runner, so I have knee concerns. The Guide provides enough cushioning that I've never had serious knee issues, even when I've pushed my mileage. I bought the Guides after going through two pairs of Kayanos. I'll take the Guide every time.

The upper is covered with a reflective seamless mesh that looks great, but on my first pair, this mesh started to rip immediately. I called Pearl, they exchanged them, and I've had no trouble with either pair after that.

Pearl Izumi syncroGUIDE

The syncroGUIDE has been discontinued.

The Pearl Izumi syncroGUIDE is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen August 1, 2008 at Sierra Trading Post.

Gregory Citro 25 Review