Platypus Water Tank

Years ago, I can't remember how long ago it was, I…

Price Paid: can't recall

Years ago, I can't remember how long ago it was, I purchased a Platypus that held 4 liters and had a full zip closure on the top. It served me well for at least 6 years but slowly over that time it became increasingly hard to close the zip as it seems the plastic became stiff. But I like the product enough to buy the new one.

It seems to be made of a softer and more flexible type of material. I take the 4 liter size as it allows me to go further and longer between fill ups and I converted it to a hydration bladder. I can also hang it from a tree or lay it on a big rock and take a shower with it.

I do like Platypus products for durability and low weight and if the new one lasts at least as long as my old one its worth the current retail price of $27.

Visit Platypus's Water Tank page.

A lightweight way to carry large amounts of water, our Water Tanks roll up to save space when not in use.

- CampSaver.com

The Platypus Water TankTM collapsible carrier lets you transport 1 gal. (4 liters) of water with ease.

The Platypus Water Tank is an easy to fill and easy to carry water storage solution. The collapsible Water Tanks pack flat and feature two handles and the patented Big Zip opening. The Water Tank has been known to hold and distribute sugary and adult beverages as it's large opening makes it possible to thoroughly clean, a true feat not accomplished by other dromedary systems. Freestanding design is stable on rough surfaces Wide-mouth Big Zip(TM) opening is easy to fill and clean (pssst, follow the instructions and zip it closed before you fill it!) Taste-free and BPA-free for clean drinking Silver-ion antimicrobial keeps it fresh Available in three large quantity sizes Made in Seattle, USA

- OMCgear

Platypus Water TankThe Platypus Water Tank one of the largest water tank comes with a Big Zip wide-mouth opening for easy and hassle-free filling and cleaning of water. The nylon handles assures you durability and makes it easier to carry during trips. The modular design also lets you create your own system. It comes with a unique corner spout which makes it easier to pour water. It looks small and light while carrying but gives you the best result in capacity. It is the most trusted and used product for backpacking or base camping. The Platypus Water Tank comes in a 2L,3L and 4L capacity thus giving you another reason to own it.

- SunnySports