Primus PowerGas 110 g

I have the 16 oz, bigger, canister. The gas mixture…

I have the 16 oz, bigger, canister. The gas mixture burns great even in high altitudes. It takes relatively less space than that of the same size Coleman canisters, but it is still bulkier than the slender liquid fuel canisters.

Lindal connector screws well to any type of technical stoves. I guess smaller sizes are much more manageable inside the pack.

Good fuel, it will do the trick unless, I am guessing, one is not over extreme altitudes.

Works very well burning a bit faster than other fuels…

Works very well burning a bit faster than other fuels on my Primus Multifuel. I have used other Lindal connector fuels with this stove and feel that Primus suits it best in the combinations of gases.

Does not burn well in cold compared to others. The…

Summary

Does not burn well in cold compared to others.

Pros

• Price is right

Cons

• Inconsistent burning
  • Poor performance in cold

The price compared to other canister fuels is great almost $1 cheaper then other brands. I use this on day hikes in winter on my Jetboil Flash. The burning is erratic and hard to light compared to the Jetboil fuel. This may be a brand specific issue.

In warm weather fuel works great, just have had cold weather performance with this fuel.

I did use this under similar conditions as did the Jetboil, fuel so was an apple-to-apple comparison.

Thanks for the review. I was in REI a few weeks ago and asked why Primus was cheaper. They didn't know.

FromSagetoSnow

Put your gas canister in your sleeping bag at night for faster cooking breakfasts

newfiebound

When I hike now put canister inside coat just before we break to warm up and works great. Thanks for tip cause I do not take on over nights. Will try!!

Primus PowerGas 110 g

The Primus PowerGas 110 g is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen August 22, 2013 at Moosejaw.

If you're looking for a new fuel, check out the best reviewed current models.