Purple Rain Adventure Skirt

Great skirt for hiking, backpacking, around the ranch,…

Summary

Great skirt for hiking, backpacking, around the ranch, and around the office. Pockets are great for a smartphone. Material is lightweight, quick drying, and soft.

Ideal for walking, hiking, running, and backpacking for men and women.

Pros

• Lightweight 144g
  • Quick dry
  • Pockets on side
  • True skirt—no brief or short attached

Cons

• Yoga waist band with no drawstring
  • Limited colors
  • Length with waistband is a bit long
  • No belt loops

The Purple Rain skirt is a nearly perfect design for hiking and backpacking. As a male user, it hangs well, feels good against the skin, and drys quickly when wet. The flare is excellent for leg movement, offering considerable range in stride.

The pocket design is really neat, with a velcro closed outer pocket, and an open slip in pocket between the outer pocket and the overall skirt. A big plus is that this is a true skirt, rather than a skort, allowing you to wear, or not wear, something beneath.

Only wish is that the yoga waistband had a drawstring in it to give that little more firm fit at the waist. Without belt loops, the skirt hangs from the 4" yoga band, and the eleastic in the yoga band is not tight.

Length is nice hitting me just above the knee, which is where I like it for walking. Can highly recommend this walking skirt for men and women.

Thanks for sharing this review, GK, and a male perspective on it.

Love my skirt! The pockets allow for hands-free, purse-free…

Love my skirt! The pockets allow for hands-free, purse-free activities. Super comfortable, wears well (can take a beating) and washes up great.

As far as active skirts go, I haven't found anything that works this well (and looks this cute!).

FromSagetoSnow

Hail the return of the skirt! We need more!

I love this skirt! The material is lightweight and…

Pros

• Comfort
  • Quick dry
  • Flattering

I love this skirt! The material is lightweight and comfortable. I wear it backpacking and on my rafting trips as it dries very quickly. It falls at a great height right above the knee.

I would recommend this product to anyone that needs a skirt for outdoorsy applications.

Purple Rain Adventure Skirt

The Purple Rain Adventure Skirt is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new hiking skirt, check out the best reviewed current models.