Quixote Goose Down Pillow

Decent down pillow for camping and traveling. Lightweight…

Decent down pillow for camping and traveling. Lightweight and compressible.

• 650 fill goose down is light and compressible for packing
  • Holds a good loft for those who like a firm pillow
  • Hanging loop on one corner for drying or airing it out

• Pillow is too firm for me; I like a softer down pillow
  • Didn't come with a compression stuff sack.

This was a spontaneous purchase at one of REI's Garage Sales. It was marked down to $15 so I snatched it up thinking a down pillow would be perfect for backpacking. It was missing the pillow case but I figured I can make one from an old one at home.

I used a Therm-a-Rest pillow last year and was never quite happy with it. There's a lumpiness to it that always bothered me and I use down pillows at home so I was excited to pick this up. I've used it four times now and so far I've not liked it as much as I thought I would.

Even though it is 650 fill goose down, it's a pretty firm pillow. At home, I use two soft down pillows stacked and that's the feeling I keep searching for in a backpacking pillow.

I'm going to keep trying it this season because I really want it to work out. It packs much smaller than my Therm-a-Rest and is lighter too. I'll update this post later in the year if my opinion changes.

That's a nice steal for $15. Hope it works for you.

I'm kind of partial to GOOSE down. Sounds like you scored a great deal at the garage sale, KK!

Quixote Goose Down Pillow

The Quixote Goose Down Pillow is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 11, 2016 at REI.

If you're looking for a new pillow, check out the best reviewed current models.

Granite Gear Air Zippditty Review

MSR Evo Ascent Review

Gregory Baltoro 65 Review

The A.T. Guide (2016 Northbound) Review

Weegie Weekenders

Trailspace in the morning...and a new hat idea?