Quixote Goose Down Pillow

Decent down pillow for camping and traveling. Lightweight…

Summary

Decent down pillow for camping and traveling. Lightweight and compressible.

Pros

• 650 fill goose down is light and compressible for packing
  • Holds a good loft for those who like a firm pillow
  • Hanging loop on one corner for drying or airing it out

Cons

• Pillow is too firm for me; I like a softer down pillow
  • Didn't come with a compression stuff sack.

This was a spontaneous purchase at one of REI's Garage Sales. It was marked down to $15 so I snatched it up thinking a down pillow would be perfect for backpacking. It was missing the pillow case but I figured I can make one from an old one at home.

I used a Therm-a-Rest pillow last year and was never quite happy with it. There's a lumpiness to it that always bothered me and I use down pillows at home so I was excited to pick this up. I've used it four times now and so far I've not liked it as much as I thought I would.

Even though it is 650 fill goose down, it's a pretty firm pillow. At home, I use two soft down pillows stacked and that's the feeling I keep searching for in a backpacking pillow.

I'm going to keep trying it this season because I really want it to work out. It packs much smaller than my Therm-a-Rest and is lighter too. I'll update this post later in the year if my opinion changes.

KiwiKlimber

That's a nice steal for $15. Hope it works for you.

I'm kind of partial to GOOSE down. Sounds like you scored a great deal at the garage sale, KK!

Quixote brings together nature's finest goose down fill and a lightweight pillow cover to create an incredibly comfortable down pillow.

The Quixote Horseshoe Goose Down Pillow is your perfect companion for travelling the world for pleasure or business | You will not be able to leave home without this treasure ever again | Every pillow comes with a 400 thread count, 100 percent cotton pillowcase | Filled with 650 fill Hungarian Goose Down to provide incredible compression with maximum loft retention | Technically engineered ripstop polyester microfiber cover is durable, lightweight and water resistant | Q-loop on the corner of the pillow lets you hang and store your pillow, keeping it clean and dry | Weight: 7 oz. | Dimensions: 11 x 16 in. | Pillow Case Color: Charcoal Grey

- Tahoe Mountain Sports