Rab Microlight Jacket - Men's

Comfortable, warm for its weight, quality construction.

Summary

Comfortable, warm for its weight, quality construction.

• Quality construction
  • Warm for weight
  • Packs nicely
  • Fairly water resistant
  • True to size

Cons

• None noted

I have been looking for a lightweight puff to replace a 20-year-old one I had from L.L. Bean. Problem I found was that some were too light, some too heavy, some too puff (large) for my application, and a lot had a terrible fit.

I became interested in the RAB after finding it online and reading other reviews. When I caught it on sale I decided to give it a try. Boy, am I glad I did. This has clearly been one of my best clothing purchases I have made in a long time. It fits the bill for exactly what I was looking for in a puffy—Something I could wear as an outer layer around town or at the camp or as an insulating piece when extra warmth is needed in the mountains.

When on you barely know you are wearing anything if it wasn't for the nice warm feeling you get when the temperature drops.

For me the size is a perfect XL—not too big and not too small. The length at just below the waist is perfect. It does not ride up above the waist, but also is not so long that it gets in the way. Construction is as good as any I have looked at and with about 35 days in the field it still looks new.

Thanks for the helpful review, tracker12. It looks like a good-looking jacket. Do you have any pictures of yours you could share in your review?

I received this as a Christmas present last year and…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

I received this as a Christmas present last year and I love it. It is very lightweight, and very warm. I take it on backpacking trips because it is really easy to pack too. My only problem is when it rains, it's waterproof, I just don't think it's very good for the jacket.

Pros

• Warm
  • Easily packable

Cons

• The zipper is on the girls side

Very much worth the price you pay.

Bought it to be used as a mid layer instead of a fleece…

Summary

Bought it to be used as a mid layer instead of a fleece jacket, it's light almost windproof.. I have a model with a hood.

Pros

• Light weighted
  • Almost windproof
  • Warm

Cons

• Would have liked it to be more breathable

I have tested it in - 38°C and 25 m/s wind wearing a Haglôfs next to skin shirt and a normal long sleeved shirt, walking normal pace I had no problem keeping warm. I'm surprised about how windproof this jacket is and have not yet tried to use it as intended as a mid layer under my Haglöfs Spitz.