Rab Neutrino Endurance Jacket

Warm, puffy jacket from the other side of the pond.

Source: bought it used

Summary

Warm, puffy jacket from the other side of the pond. Backwards zipper, highly durable and water-almostproof. Very packable.

Pros

• Warm
  • Sized to fit on top
  • Waterproofish

Cons

• Zipper?

I just got this jacket on Geartrade. Great "piece of kit" (British) that I think will serve me for a while.

I noticed three things when I put it on: It was warm, it was nearly waterproof (think softshell), and my wife looked at me funny. I am 5'9", 205 lbs and I bought a large. I like getting things a little big, and this was a little big.

It is meant for ice climbing, when you have to sit and belay while they throw snow flurries down on you. Put it on the outside of your harness, outside of your shell, and it will keep you toasty warm. It is cut large, but not boxy. I have bought other Rab gear, but returned it size M because it was cut too small for me.

I find it to be very warm and windproof, riding on my scooter at 34 degrees I thought it was warm outside. This is my first jacket that I cannot wear around the house.  Yes, it breathes, but I just don't like being that warm.  I have a MH Monkey Jacket, and an Arc'teryx Atom SV and I can wear those around the house, even cleaning or doing other domesticated things. The Neutrino is too warm. I really like this jacket. Oh, and, it packs down pretty small. The L packs to about 4x7 in the included stuff sack.

The only funny thing about this jacket is the zipper. The English drive on the other side of the road, and so do their zippers.  Also, the zipper is waterproof and two-way. This is great for versatility, ventilation &c but if you are zipper-challenged you may get frustrated. I haven't gotten frustrated at all but I do have to think about the zipper every time I zip it up.  Not a big deal.

Durable and waterproof: I have not taken this climbing, rather, only scraped the jacket on walls and door jams.  Not a thread pulled.  Waterproof—it's not really waterproof.  I held the arm under the faucet for a good 10s, no penetration.  So...just pretend it's waterproof.

Visit Rab's Men's Neutrino Endurance Jacket page.

The Rab Neutrino Endurance is an insulated down jacket that has stitch- through baffle construction and Pertex Quantum inner which saves weight and allows improved lofting. The Pertex Endurance outer provides protection against storm and spindrift while retaining minimal weight and packsize.

- CampSaver.com refers to the men's version

Laugh in the face of savage sub-zero temperatures and scoff at vicious white-outs thanks to the supreme warmth of the Rab Men's Neutrino Endurance Down Jacket. An outer shell of Pertex Endurance fabric wards off the weather while 800-fill hydrophobic goose down holds in vital warmth without packing out thanks to a stitch-through baffle construction. Despite it's massive warmth and medium-length cut, this packable jacket stuffs down small inside the included stuff sack so your already-bursting expedition pack won't blow a seam.

- Backcountry.com refers to the men's version

Free Shipping. Rab Men's Neutrino Endurance Jacket FEATURES of the Rab Men's Neutrino Endurance Jacket Pertex Endurance outer Pertex Quantum inner 800FP European Goose Down (225g/8oz in size L) Rab fluorocarbon free Hydrophobic Down developed in conjunction with Nikwax Stitch-through baffle construction Down filled hood, helmet compatible, wired peak 2-way YKK Aquaguard front zip, internal insulated zip baffle, chin guard 2 YKK Aquaguard zipped hand warmer pockets 1 YKK zipped internal security pocket Velcro cuffs, hem drawcord Stuff sack Regular fit SPECIFICATIONS of the Rab Men's Neutrino Endurance Jacket Weight: 23 oz / 640 g 30d/30d 52g/m2, 100% nylon 6 with Endurance coating 20d/20d 35g/m2, 100% nylon 6 This product can only be shipped within the United States. Please don't hate us.

- Moosejaw refers to the men's version

The Neutrino Endurance is a lightweight fully featured and very warm down jacket designed primarily for climbing and mountain useThe Neutrino Endurance has become the benchmark down jacket for modern mountaineering and lightweight ascents The Pertex Endurance outer provides durable protection against storm and spindrift while retaining minimal weight and packsize High lofting is provided by the 225g Large of 800 fill pure European goose downThe Neutrino Endurance is one of those jackets that just does everything you need it to a firm favourite amongst all our sponsored athletes and an ideal piece for UK and Alpine winter conditions Just as much at home on a hill walk in the Peak District as it is on a Himalayan Peak Often found at winter fell race finish lines or on your spotter when going for the crux on a new boulder problembull Pertex Endurance outerbull Pertex Quantum innerbull 800FP European Goose Downbull Stitchthrough baffle constructionbull Down filled helmet compatible hood with wired peakbull 2way YKK Aquaguard front zip with internal insulated zip bafflebull Chin guardbull 2 YKK Aquaguard zipped hand warmer pocketsbull 1 YKK zipped internal security pocketbull Velcro cuffsbull Hem drawcordbull Stuff sackbull Fit Regular

- Bentgate.com refers to the men's version