Raichle 90-Degree EXP GTX

I never heard of Raichle before finding these boots…

Materials: Top of the Line, vibram sole, gore-tex lining, super tuff material? on outside, memory foam on tongue and ankle area.
Use: ROUGH winter conditions, steep vertical ice,
Break-in Period: about 10 miles i would say, but these boots still remain solid for great support and solid platforms on vertical ice.
Weight: not sure on the weight, check manufacturer website

I never heard of Raichle before finding these boots in a local climbing/bike shop. I have to say, for not doing any serious research, I am very fortunate for blindly picking up these boots. I have not experienced any numbing cold ever in these wonderfully crafted boots. I have spent some extensive time on and at the base of icefalls in close to 0 degree F. Only one time did I ever even think "is that my feet beginning to get cold or what?". They accept my Grivel G-14 Crampons like they were meant to be together.

I personally guarantee your feet dry in these boots. I spent an entire night on a frozen lake plowing/shoveling snow to make an ice rink with these. We also busted through the ice and pumped about 3 inches of water on the surface and comfortably splashed around all night like that. The laces were frozen solid, along with the rest of the exterior of the boot, but I was good and comfy the whole time.

I have owned these boots for 3 years now and they still only look like they're 2 weeks old. I have a size 12 generally wider foot and the English conversion for size 12 was a good fit for me. Believe me when I say this boot lacks nothing.

CLOSEOUTS . Raichle 90-Degree EXP mountaineering boots fuse a rugged, abrasion-resistant exterior with a waterproof breathable Gore-Tex(R) membrane for the ultimate in high-altitude performance. Waterproof breathable Gore-Tex(R) membrane Built-in motion control for enhanced support Removable cushioned insole Crampon-compatible design Vibram(R) traction rubber outsole Suede and synthetic upper Heavy-duty metal lacing hardware Full rubber rand Nylon shank Height: 7” Weight: 5 lb. 14 oz. pr. Medium width CLOSEOUTS . Romania. Size UK (US) 5 (W 7, M 6) 5 (W 7 , M 6 ) 6 (W 8, M 7) 6 (W 8 , M 7 ) 7 (W 9, M 8) 7 (W 9 , M 8 ) 8 (W 10, M 9) 8 (W 10 , M 9 ) 9 (W 11, M 10) 9 (W 11 , M 10 ) 10 (W 12, M 11) 10 (M 11 ) 11 (M 12) 11 (M 12 ) 12 (M 13) 12 (M 13 ) 13 (M 14) 14 (M 15) Visit our Hiking Footwear Guide Visit our Shoe Sizing Guide

- Sierra Trading Post

Raichle 90-Degree EXP GTX

The 90-Degree EXP GTX has been discontinued.

The Raichle 90-Degree EXP GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 14, 2010 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new mountaineering boot, check out the best reviewed current models.