Raichle All Degree Lite GTX

I've used these for everything from Scottish walking…

Materials: Reversed Gore-Tex linned Leather
Use: Light Mountaineering + rough walks
Break-in Period: straigh away
Weight: 1.2kg per boot ish
Price Paid: £120

I've used these for everything from Scottish walking to winter mountaineering. They are extremely comfortable and the close fit is great for scrambling and climbing. They have a thin sole so they aren't the best for long tabs. I mainly use them for summer mountaineering now for which they are excellent.

On the downside however, despite being well made and finished they haven't really worn very well. The rand has started the tear and peel back and both boots now leak extremely badly at the heels. I'm putting up with the leaking as they are only used now on routes and rarely see Scottish bog trotting.

Overall very good boot for its purpose but I am disappointed with the wear and leaking.

First of all, I loved the fit, comfort, and stability…

Materials: leather, Gore-tex
Use: day hike and backpack
Break-in Period: 1 day
Weight: 3.5lb

First of all, I loved the fit, comfort, and stability of this boot. Unfortunatly, a year later after only about 10 uses and no hardcore use the inner leather of the seam above my arch pulled out of the stitching (thread still intact on outer leather) along a 3-inch section over a 20-mile backpack. I haven't ever had that happen in 35 years even on light boots, let alone so called mountaineering boots on glaciers, vertical ice, and rock. I hesitate to even call this a backpack boot.

I've had these for about four months now, and have…

Materials: Gore-tex
Use: mountaineering, hiking
Break-in Period: 1 day

I've had these for about four months now, and have used them for mountaineering and long hikes. The second time I used them I hiked about 14 miles. I was shocked that my feet felt so good when we got to the car. I've previously owned leather mountaineering boots, and would have been limping out had I tried that with them. I admit, they're not quite as good for kicking steps in snow. However, having comfortable feet is worth the trade-off for me.

These boots were comfortable right out of the box.

These boots were comfortable right out of the box. I used them for a winter mountaineering class and plan to do the Whitney mountaineer's route in them in the summer. I've owned other Raichle boots and they seem to fit my feet best. The boots are also lightweight and have a good lacing system. I'd recommend them.

If you've owned or used a Raichle All Degree Lite GTX, please share your experience.

Raichle All Degree Lite GTX

The All Degree Lite GTX has been discontinued.

The Raichle All Degree Lite GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 12, 2010 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new mountaineering boot, check out the best reviewed current models.