Raichle Mountain Trail XT GTX

I just bought my second pair a few months ago and…

I just bought my second pair a few months ago and love them. I had bought the similar boots to these back in 2004, and they were the greatest boots i owed.

I'm an avid hiker/backpacker and also a siding/framing contractor and I wore these boots every day about 6 months out of the year. A few times I bought regular work boots so I could save these ones for hiking only but always trashed the other boots within 6 months and keep going back to my Raichles.

I've had Georgia, Danner, and Wolverine work boots and not one of them lasted more than 6-8 months before there were holes in the leather, the triple stitching worn out, and the sole coming off in chunks. I'm really hard on my footwear, but some of these boots were in the $250-$325 range, and I would have thought they would last for a couple years at least. The Raichle backpacking boots I bought in 2004 aren't even totally worn out, but I found a new pair 40% off so I had to buy them.

The ankle support is awesome, while still giving you unrestricted movement. The soft leather ankle hugs your leg but never too tight. The soles grip everything from rocks, mud, roofing, wood and more.

These are the only boots I will ever buy. They are reasonably priced and last forever!

I purchased these boots in early 2006. I see that…

Materials: leather and gore-tex
Use: dayhikes and rough trail
Break-in Period: none
Weight: not sure

I purchased these boots in early 2006. I see that they have changed the model slightly. But, I LOVE these boots.

I work outdoors in oil and gas exploration and carry heavy loads (30#+) at times in all terrains and these boots are a dream to wear! They fit like a glove, are waterproof, and need very little break-in time. They have great traction and have handled every situation I've been in with ease.

The rubber rands protect the boot from sharp rocks and tree limbs. The padded collar and ankle support feel wonderful and hug my foot like a glove. I never developed blisters while wearing these boots. They are beginning to show some wear on the leather (it's time for me to treat them).

The only problem I have had so far is the quick lacing off-set hooks at the ankle on my left boot broke off after the laces got tangled in some downed tree limbs and I yanked too hard to free myself. Other than that, I have no complaints and would definitely purchase these or other Raichle products again! I have never been more satisfied with a boot/hiker before.

Midweight boot offering durability and support. Great combination of materials makes the Mountain Trail an exceptional value.Breathable full-grain leather uppers feature one-piece construction for durable support and easy waterproofing.Waterproof, breathable Gore-Tex booties keep feet dry and comfortable, no matter what the weather.Cambrelle linings in front wick away moisture; leather lining in heels helps boots conform to the shape of your feet.Polyurethane midsoles are designed with more rocker for a smooth stride; full-length nylon shanks add stability and shock absorption.Dual-density Vibram rubber outsoles with aggressive lug pattern enhances traction uphill and down, plus clears mud easily.Built-in rubber rands add protection from water and trail hazards; rubber toe caps increase durability.

- Campmor

The Raichle Mt. Trail XT GTX boot has enjoyed praise from numerous camps. The full grain leather upper is super durable, and its Gore-Tex lining ensures that the elements stay out. Internal Motion Control makes sure your foot stays put, and leather-lined padding in the tongue and ankle ensure a lifetime of comfort. The carefully crafted last and Vibram MT-Traction sole balance perfectly between load-bearing rigidity and the flex needed for long mileage. OMC Shoe Buyer says: A great do-all backpacking boot for those with medium to narrow width feet. Backpacker Magazine : "Slip into the most comfortable all-leather backpacking boot you've worn in years." Available In: Dk. Brown Features Leather lined padding in the tongue and ankle area Internal Motion Control Concept Rubber toe cap Materials Outer: Calf sports leather / Glattleder Lining: GORE-TEX® Sole: Vibram® MT-Traction sole Weight 1640g When ordering, please note English (UK) sizing! Please refer to our sizing chart for help Confused about the sizing? Check out our Shoe Sizing Comparison Chart .

- OMCgear

Raichle Mountain Trail XT GTX

The Mountain Trail XT GTX has been discontinued.

The Raichle Mountain Trail XT GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 1, 2010 at Campmor.