REI Ti Ware Nonstick Titanium Cookset

Great set for travel and backpacking. I got the set…

Summary

Great set for travel and backpacking.

Pros

• Practical

I got the set on sale for $50 after an additional discount on a clearance priced item. In short, I love them.

I have read a few reviews where people complain about hotspots or the non-stick coating. Titanium is not cast iron, stainless steel or aluminum (anodized or not). Concentrated high temps simply will not work well with coated thin titanium. If one lowers the heat and cooks accordingly they perform extremely well.

I use mine exclusively with a homemade pop can alcohol stove, Trangia stand/windscreen and hard plastic utensils. This setup avoids scratching the non-stick material, disperses the flame perfectly, cooks at a lower temperature than butane, white gas or auto gas stoves thus reducing hotspots and eliminating heat degradation of the non-stick material.

I have cooked soups, eggs, stir fries and boil only meals on this set and it has performed wonderfully.

No complaints whatsoever.

Overall this is a fine set of pots and pans. I usually…

Price Paid: Gift

Overall this is a fine set of pots and pans. I usually just take 1 of the 2 on the trail with me. Rarely do I need 2 large pots at the same time.

I've been using them for the last 2.5 years and they've held up well. The nonstick coating in still intact, which is impressive since I'm pretty tough on them. There are a couple small dings here and there but nothing substantial.

They are large enough that you'd want to pack other items inside them to save space.

If you've owned or used a REI Ti Ware Nonstick Titanium Cookset, please share your experience.

REI Ti Ware Nonstick Titanium Cookset

The REI Ti Ware Nonstick Titanium Cookset is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 14, 2012 at REI.

If you're looking for a new pot/pan, check out the best reviewed current models.