Does nearly everything brilliantly. There was a time…

Summary

Does nearly everything brilliantly.

Pros

• Everything

Cons

• Weight (for touring)

There was a time when I took three pairs of skis with me to the mountains: piste, powder, and touring skis. Each was ideal for their niches, and I really couldn't imagine a day when one ski could do all three.

Although I have tested far from every type of ski, the Soul 7 just nails it for me. A terrific carving ski, even/especially on boilerplate pistes, just a dream in powder, crud, breakable crust, and good for touring.

If it fails to fit the 'one size fits all' profile at all, it might be that it is a bit weighty as a touring ski, so although they are great for day tours, I will still rely on my G3s for hut-to-hut touring expeditions.

All in all, well done Rossignol!

Welcome to Trailspace, Phil! Thanks for the review.

FromSagetoSnow

This review will help me this fall, thanks

Phil Bamford

I hope you enjoy them as much as I did, Jeff. If you're stuck deciding between lengths, I'd advise taking the longer one. I'm a bit over 6", 180llbs, and the 188cm was ideal.