Ruff Wear Palisades Pack

This pack is awesome. By far the best I have ever…

Summary

This pack is awesome. By far the best I have ever used, and would never again use any other brand. This pack holds two 1-liter water bladders (included), and has enough room to store a week's worth of food, plus a few treats.

The pack also has a daisy chain on the top/sides that I use to strap on a small blanket. The pack is removable from the harness, and is done easily with 4 snap buckles. Both the pack and the harness are extremely well made, and are very durable.

Measure your dog before you order. I ordered a medium at first and it was WAY too large for my Siberian Husky. I returned for a small and it fits great and has plenty of room left for when she fills out the rest of the way (she is 8 months atm).

I highly recommend this pack!

TunxisTrailNepaugCampsite5-29010.jpg

TunxisTrailNepaugCampsite5-29024.jpg

Suhail

Thanks for sharing the review. I am convinced I have to get it, but I am not sure of the size. I have a Kuvasz pup weighing about 90 Lb. What I have noticed reading various reviews is that I need to order the smaller size than normal ones, because on the average these packs are large sized.

1 year ago
Sean Van Cleve GUIDE/OUTFITTER

Thanks for the review, it looks my family is growing +1 next week. Rescuing a three-year-old Blue Heeler! How is the pack holding up?

TheRambler

Still loving the pack, and it has seen LOTS of use. Holding up very well. The only significant wear is on the loops/tie on points on the top of the pack. They are beginnjng to fray significantly but are still functional. I usr these to tir on her sleeping pad and a poncho liner she uses as a blanket. I ditched the water bladders and just carry a soft collapsible water bottle in her pack instead.